Blood In Stool!
Do You Know The Reasons?
If you ever observe blood in your stools then this might be a serious situation. Though reasons may differ but you need to visit a doctor immediately for medical supervision. If symptoms like high fever and weakness exist along with blood in the stool, then, it can result in a serious medical issue.
There can be various ways that you might observe blood in the stools. It might be blood mixed with stool or simply covering it. However, it’s not necessary that if the color of stool is red or black it is necessarily because of blood. Some foods can also have an impact on the color of stool, consumption of cranberries, tomatoes or certain food colorings can make it red or blueberries, green leafy vegetables, or black licorice cause the blackish color.
Common causes of blood in stool..
The swollen blood vessels near the anus can bleed or prolapse due to increase in the pressure. In this case, only a few drops of blood should appear. It is a common and painless condition, not leading to anything serious like cancer.
Due to constipation or diarrhea, small tears can develop in the lining of the anus resulting in blood with stools. This can be really painful and precaution must be taken to prevent constipation or diarrhea in this regard. Fibre supplements can be helpful in this case.
Apart from these common perceptions, the root cause can however be found by the doctor through examination only. The following questions can be helpful:
- The amount of blood
- The frequency of occurrence
- The color of the blood
If the blood is typically red it means that it came from the lower digestive tract or rectum, if it is darker so it means that it came from the upper digestive tract. The main causes may include:
Test to look for the cause of blood in stool..
- Colonoscopy: A camera like device is inserted into the colon to check for abnormalities.
- Upper Endoscopy: An examination of the upper digestive tract with a small device with a camera.
- Stool culture: An examination of the stools to look for the causes.
- Blood test: The blood is tested for a number of possible problems.
- Capsule Endoscopy: A capsule, along with a camera inside, is swallowed in order to get the pictures of the digestive tract.
What we suggest:
There can be a number of reasons behind the blood in the stools and timely medical care can prevent any further complications.
You may also like reading-
- 8 Foods You Should Eat In The Morning
- Dipa Karmakar – First Indian Woman Gymnast Into Olympics!
- Tadgola Or Ice Apple Health Benefits
- Ways To Enhance Indian Food With Proteins