Here is another food, which need to be added in diet for weight loss and its Bran flakes. Bran is the outer layer of any kernel of grain and it is unprocessed so it needs a lot of chewing and consist of many nutrients and fiber. Bran flakes fights fat and keep you full for long.
Bran Flakes:Food For Weight Loss
Bran flakes is an easy to make breakfast or snacks, its nutritious , low in fat and tastes good. bran flakes is a good source of a lot of nutrients. Understanding the health benefits, eating bran will surely get included in your diet. Bran contains water soluble and fat soluble vitamins which are good for health and helpful in weight loss.
Water Soluble Vitamins: Bran includes many vitamins including many of water soluble vitamins. one serving provides 25% of RDA of thiamine, niacin, B-6 and folate. and provides more than 50% of B-12. Vitamin B12 helps in manufacturing red blood cells and supports nervous system.
Fat Soluble Vitamins: Bran includes 2 fat soluble vitamins , Vitamin A and Vitamin D. One serving provides 25% of RDA of Vitamin A and 7% of RDA of Vitamin D. Vitamin D helps in absorbing calcium and Vitamin A supports immune system and strengthens vision.
Nutritional value: 3/4 cup of Bran flakes has 97 calories , 5% fat, 10% protein and 85% carbohydrate, 5.3gms fiber 100 % of RDA of minerals also included. Other nutrients are:
Bran Flakes are available in market from various brands and various brands have 100% of RDA of vitamins and minerals needed.
Bran flakes has insoluble fiber which fill you up, absorb water and expand.
There are various health benefits of bran flakes –
1. Relieves constipation
Eat bran and its fiber content will relieve constipation as long as you increase fluid intake . Bran absorbs water create bulk and stimulates intestine to move things.
2. Fight against colon cancer
Bran ensures bowel contents don’t stagnate, so keep away cancer causing agents i.e. carcinogens. so eat 20-25gms of dietary per day in form of bran
3. Reduces cholesterol
Bran helps in keeping cholesterol under control. High cholesterol result in clogged arteries and can lead to heart attack. so adopt bran and keep your heart healthy.
4. Improves Digestive system
Bran flakes is good for intestinal tract, and has antibacterial properties, which is important for gastrointestinal tract, and keeps intestinal flora and fauna balanced and moving. Consuming bran flakes improve digestive system
How To Eat Bran
- Best breakfast option is to eat bran with fat free milk , add fresh fruits and dry fruits, better than the traditional breakfast.
- Sprinkle bran in your favorite sundae, ice creams and puddings
- Add bran in muffins or cookies and make it more tasty and crunchy
- Sprinkle bran in fruits with low fat whipped cream, yogurts, salads or cut up fruit.
Selection and storage
Choose any brand from market, but before buying check the label for fiber and calories. Compare sugar , sodium , fat and be sure to check the serving size on the label. Bran cereal provide more fiber but flakes may be more palatable.
Store bran flakes in dry location, if you live in humid environment, store bran flakes in plastic bags and refrigerate.
Have you tried Bran Flakes ? How do you like to eat Bran ? Let us know!
You may also like reading –
- How To Control Weight After Marriage
- Stretch Marks: Causes, Myths, Home Remedies for Treatment and Prevention
- Scallops – The World’s Healthiest Foods
- Importance Of Sleep For Health
- Anti Inflammatory Diet – Which Foods To Eat
- Health Benefits Of Green Chilli
- Women’s Health and Self-Assessment
- New Year Resolutions 2014
- Why Women Must Lift Weights?
- Stress Management : 8 Ways To Reduce Stress