A lot of you would have already made faces after reading the heading :D. I know I know ! Many people find cabbage to be tasteless and oooh not at all a treat to our taste buds !
But if you need to lose weight and God forbid if you are a vegetarian, you need to opt for veggies that are lower on the GI scale, read about GI here.
Cabbage is very universal, we have shared different ways you can use cabbage to prepare entire meal. Ana uses eggs and mushrooms and the dish looks drool worthy, check out here.
If you can’t have eggs, you can just saute cabbage in tomato and it tastes delicious. Recipe here.
Let’s see why Cabbage For Weight Loss and Health !
Before I start blabbering about why cabbage , why why 😛 , let me tell you that you can even try Chinese cabbage ! Read about it here.
Let’s begin –
Cabbage contains fibre, good carbs and is also low in fat(although fat is no problem). Cabbage is extremely versatile and can be used in salads , in mix veg or standalone sabji or a full meal ! So, cabbage is perfect for weight loss.
The buzz word DETOX, all eyes here please ! Cabbage is a fabulous ingredient for flushing out toxins from your body. It has both Vitamin C and sulphur that are required during detox.
Relieves High Blood Pressure
Cabbage should be a daily meal in your diet if you suffer with High Blood Pressure. Cabbage contains potassium which is works for reducing and controlling high blood pressure.
Skincare and Hair Care
Dry skin ? Dry hair ! Go have cabbage right now :D. Sulphur is much required to works on acne and dry skin and dry hair ! Sulphur also prodcues keratin which is boon for hair !
Cabbage decreases blood sugar levels. Red cabbage is better for diabetes patients.
Cabbage contains sinigrin, lupeol and sulforaphan that prevent formation of tumours.
Cabbage contains antioxidants just like everyone’s favorite, green tea.
Do you know of some more cabbage recipes , share with us 🙂 !
You may also like reading –
- Mandira Bedi – A Super Mom
- Healthy Oats Halwa Sweet Recipe
- How I Cured PCOS Naturally
- Does Eating Fat Make You Fat ?
- Vitamin B12:Benefits,Dosage,Deficiency and Foods To Cure
- Bran Flakes:Food For Weight Loss
- Katrina Kaif’s Workout and Diet Plan
- Vitamin D Supplement India:BioCare BioMulsion D Review
- Tips To Achieve Your Fitness Goals
- Why is Vitamin D Important|Vitamin D Deficiency
- Shilpa Shetty’s Post Baby Weight Loss Secrets
- Chinese Cabbage Bok Choy Health Benefits and Recipe
- Yogayurveda:Relationship between Yoga and Ayurveda
- My Weight Loss Progress and Thyroid Recovery