Dance Exercise For Fitness
How are you all doing?? Let me tell you something about myself. I am on the slimmer side and instead of losing weight I am always on the lookout for a workout that helps me build up my stamina. I get tired easily, so I started my dance workout that is not too taxing on my energy levels. Yes, after a dance session of just 5 mins I am breathless with my heart pounding. I am only a beginner, so kindly excuse me.
What I felt is that a dance workout makes me happy and it is a well known fact that doing things that make you happy are always beneficial. (By the way my dance workout song is ‘Go Go Go Govinda’/ ‘dance pe chance marle’. It requires quite a bit of energy.)
This was my part of the story; let us see how one should go about dance workouts.
Dance Exercise For Fitness
- Before beginning the session do some warm up exercises and some stretching. You should not be doing high voltage dance steps without warming up.
- Keep yourself well hydrated as you are bound to sweat during the session.
- Preferably look into the mirror while dancing. You can see your form while making the moves. I always look into the mirror and also make facial expressions (that is just for fun, but it makes me feel good)
- Beginners (like me!) should not overdo it. Remember, slow and steady wins the race!
- Take rest in between. Don’t allow yourself to get tired.
- After completing the session perform cool down exercises.
- Don’t forget to eat something before your session. It can be fresh fruit or dry fruits. If you have a long and rigorous session, you need something post session too. Go in for food with proteins and carbohydrates. Your options are cottage cheese, whole wheat sandwich, fish, chicken, fruits and nuts.
- Coming to the footwear part, the shoes and footwear that are best suited for Bollywood dance workouts should have good shock absorbers and should protect your feet. Though some people (even me) prefer dancing barefoot it is a good idea to invest in some good dancing shoes if you are going to do it for long hours.
I don’t have a trainer or instructor but I am happy to be the master of my own free will. Sometimes the movements have a magical effect on me and that is why I chose this over other stamina building exercises. Here is how you can benefit from dancing:
- Protects against illnesses like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoporosis, and depression
- Tones your entire body not just one target area.
- Helps in weight loss. (aerobic dancing helps in particular)
- Increases your stamina. Dancing can also help with low energy. According to a study, a weekly dance program can help improve physical performance and increase energy levels.
- Flexibility of the body increases.
- Strengthens the bones and muscles without hurting the joints.
- As dancing requires fast movement and good posture, it will help you to stabilize and get better control over your body. It improves your posture and balance.
- Reduces stress and tension by diverting the mind from ongoing life issues.
- According to a study it is known to enhance memory and also prevent dementia in the long run.
- It is good for heart health.
So happy dancing!!
If you wish to workout on a Bollywood shtyle playlist, it goes here 🙂 – Luv Tarun
You may also like reading –
- Lose Weight With Negative Calorie Foods
- How To Avoid Weight Gain During Work
- Kito Diet/ Paleo Diet: Chicken Kheema recipe
- How To Walk For Weight Loss
- Best Ways To Control Food Cravings
- Mung Bean Pancakes | High Protein Recipe
- Glycemic Index And Weight Loss
- 6 Ways To Stay Motivated For Weight Loss
- How To Start Workout In Gym
- Easy Arm Exercises For Women
- How To Reduce Double Chin
- Paleo Diet/ Kito Diet: Balsamic Baked Chicken Recipe
- Top Eating Mistakes To Avoid
- Sonam Kapoor From Fat To Fit