How to use water for health and well-being?
Water is essential for the survival of living beings on this planet. Apart from maintenance of bodily functions, there are different ways of using water for upkeep of good health.
1) Let us begin with the drinking part. Water is rich in minerals and electrolytes that not just replenishes lost minerals from the body but also helps in keeping you well hydrated. It flushes out harmful toxins from the body.
2) When you drink warm water every morning with honey and lemon added to it, you will lose weight. Honey, being rich in vitamins, minerals amino acids helps in speeding up the metabolism of the body. It is a good way to start your day!
3) Do you know that steam works wonders on your skin? It not just helps in removing blackheads and whiteheads but also makes your skin glow. You simply need to boil water in a steamer and when the fumes start coming out, you need to cover your head with towel and allow the steam to work magic on your face. While doing so, remember to keep moving your face from one side to another. Steaming needs to be done for a few minutes. Be careful while doing it!
4) When you are down with cold, the best thing that you can do is to inhale steam. You can use a pot of hot water or a humidifier to clear your congestion. Inhaling steam makes warm and moist air to enter your nasal passage, down to your throat and land up in the lungs. This helps in clearing mucus that gets accumulated in your airways and relieves you of chest congestion. Do try this remedy for quick recovery!
5) In order to get relief from a sore throat, you can gargle with warm water with salt. Salt water is known to act on the mucous lining of the throat and kills agents that cause infection. It is soothing to the throat too.
6) Immersing your feet in warm water can be helpful in relieving tension headaches. A warm footbath helps in drawing blood to your feet. This eases the pressure exerted by blood vessels present in your head on the muscles of the head that cause a headache. So, the next time you have a tension headache, instead of popping in a pill try taking a foot bath.
7) Water is a great remedy for a hangover. It not only rehydrates you but also helps you deal with the nausea associated with a hangover. So, when you have gone overboard with your alcohol, consider drinking some water before hitting the sack as it may help in reducing the symptoms you experience the next day. There is one more way to prevent a hangover and that is by being a good boy or girl and not drinking alcohol at all 😉
8) Water is known to help in healing burns too. As soon as you get a burn, place the area under cold tap water. The cold water will be helpful in healing the pain and your wound will also heal faster.
See, water can be helpful to you in different ways. Enjoy its benefits!
Hope this post on ‘Different Ways Of Using Water’ has been useful!
You may also like reading-