- Decided to lose weight and get fit? Check.
- Selected the gym best suited to your convenience? Check.
- Got the gym membership? Check.
Well well, wait a minute….take a deep breath.
Before you start making this checklist as your own, ask yourself a very simple question – Are Gyms necessary?
The answer if you think honestly will be – No.
Do You Need To Go To Gym For Weight Loss?
Obviously, the good thing about gyms is that you have a designated place to work out. Also, there is a wide array of equipment to right from stationary bikes, treadmills, elliptical trainers, step machines, the row, etc. and then comes the weight lifting equipment etc. But, when I tell you that what you can do at a gym, you can do at your home; what will you still opt for? In today’s time, people don’t have time to travel to any gym facility and as far as fitness is concerned, consistency is the key. Even with no props or machines, you can build muscles and burn calories. Dumb bells, exercise bands and a workout plan customized as per your specifications are an inexpensive way to create a routine that works all the major muscle groups.
How can you do it?
Include the following components in your workout plan and you will see the results for yourself.
• A warm up –
It can be a slow paced walk either outside or on stationary bike. You can also try spot walking!
• A cardiovascular (aerobic) workout –
for this, you need to walk or pedal faster, do aerobics with a video or jump rope (whatever that you enjoy and gets your heart rate up).
• Resistance (strength-building) exercises –
It included squats, push-ups and abdominal crunches, small dumbbells or a weight bar.
• Flexibility moves –
Stretch your body or do yoga.
• A cool down –
Get that heart rate back to normal after a good workout session.
If you’re short on time any day, just increase the intensity of your workout. You can step up the pace of your strength workout by doing exercises that use more than one muscle group at a time. For example, mix squats (with or without weights) which works the quadriceps, hamstrings, gluteus, and calves with push-ups which involve the pectorals, deltoids, biceps, and triceps.
What are the obstacles?
Working out at home has obvious advantages. But there are obstacles too. You will be easily distracted by the phone, kids, dog, Internet and what not! And that’s if you can get started in the first place. But as they say, it’s important to stay tuned in to what motivates you. A good way to stay motivated and avoid distractions, the experts say, is to exercise early in the day. Get your workout over in the morning and then get on with your day.
Tips for home exercisers:
- Challenge yourself and avoid boredom.
- Surf the Internet and browse fitness magazines to check out new workouts and make sure you’re exercising correctly. Use pictures and videos as guide for correct form and technique.
- Find an exercise partner. You’ll be less likely to find excuses when you’ve arranged to work out with a friend.
- Schedule your workouts. If something comes up, reschedule your workout immediately.
- Set realistic goals. Give yourself mini-rewards along the way: a new fitness magazine, those workout tights you’ve been eyeing, or a new pair of sneakers.
The most important, make exercise as integral to your life as sleeping and eating. Think about it as a lifestyle change. It goes on forever. Get out of the mind frame that exercise is something you’re only going to do for a period of time.
In the end, you are doing it for a happy and a better you. You owe it to yourself! Don’t you?? 🙂
Do You Need To Go To Gym For Weight Loss? What is your take?
You may also like reading-
- Importance Of Sleep For Heart Health
- Revealing IWB Fitness Freaks-Fun Facts About Us
- Jessica Simpson Weight Loss-Diet and Workout Regimen
- Best Diet Tips Ever For Weight Loss
- IWB Turns One Today
- How To Get Your Mind Ready For Weight Loss
- Nutrition Facts & Health Benefits Of Carrot And Radish
- Body & Mind Transformation With Interval Training
- Top 7 Health Benefits Of Mint
- Nutrition Facts-Homemade Vs Packaged Amul Butter
- Temptation & A Crazy Seduction-Instant Low Carb High Fiber Cake Recipe