Easy Home Made Protein Energy Bar Recipe
What’s up?? Hope everybody is doing great!! Well today I am going to share a super easy energy bar which you can make at home with all the ingredients that are easily available in the market!! It’s a great blend of protein as well as a little bit of good carbs too! Just exactly what you need in your Pre or Post Workout snacks. Yes! You can carry them and simply munch on them without going hungry on your busy days! Also I am going to use a protein powder which is home-made! Yes you heard that right no need to buy all expensive protein powders when you can get all good proteins your body needs in this single great natural ingredient! Let’s get started! 🙂
- ½ cup roasted chickpea – powdered.
- 1 cup oats.
- 1 tablespoon of cashew, raisins, almonds, peanuts each – crushed lightly.
- Soya milk or almond milk.
- Chocolate syrup.
- Vanilla essence (optional).
- Powder all your roasted chickpea. You can powder them finely or coarsely. It doesn’t matter! Oh Yes! You got that right I am using chickpea as protein powder here in my recipe. Why? Will reveal that soon. 😀
- Mix all your dry ingredients. First mix oats and chickpea powder. Then add your nuts!
- Then slowly add 4 tablespoon of soy milk, 2 tablespoon of honey and drizzle some chocolate syrup!!
- Get ready please! Its time to get dirty and nutty (please excuse my pun :p ) ! Mix this whole thing with your hands now and make a dough that’s neither too sticky neither too tight. Yes of course you may add more milk or honey to make the dough if required. Please add more chickpea powder or oats if your dough ends up being way too sticky. 🙂
- Next get a container of any shape or size, line it with a parchment paper. Place the dough and press it hard on the parchment paper inside the container to give it a flat and uniform shape. Cover and refrigerate it for about 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, cut it into desired shapes and desired pieces and done!
Enjoy these awesome tasty chewy healthy homemade protein bars!
- Because they are rich in protein (of course). They can compete any given meat or dairy products and win because chickpeas are also high in fiber that promotes weight loss.
- It lowers blood cholesterol level.
- Good carbs present in chickpeas provide great amount of energy, help in digestion and keep a heart healthy!
- It also boosts immune system, reduce inflammation and allergies.
- Rich in vitamin C, K, folate, zinc, magnesium, calcium, iron.
- 1 cup of chickpea has around 300 calories. An adult should not have more than a cup of chickpea each day.
- You may add water instead of milk.
- Almond or Soya milk can stay good for a long time so using these are better options than going for regular milks in this case.
- You may add any dry fruits of your choice.
- You can add any shop-bought protein powder of your choice if you want.
- You may add cocoa powder instead of chocolate syrup. About 2 tablespoons would do for the measurements I have used for this recipe! 🙂
So what are you waiting for?? Try this super tasty bars at home and pump up your workout sessions more!! Have a blast! Happy Eating! 🙂
Will you try this DIY Super Easy Energy Bar Recipe?
You may also like reading-