Easy To Follow Vegetarian Diet Chart For Weight Loss
You must be aware that the calorie requirement varies from person to person, you cannot blindly ask a person to follow a particular calorie diet plan. Talking about weight loss, what works for one may not work for another.
Some people like eating non-veg whereas there are others who prefer eating vegetarian food. Whatever maybe the preference, for weight loss to happen, there has to be a deficit of calories in the body so that the body’s stored fat gets used. The minimum energy requirement of and adult is between 1200 to 1800 calories. You can create a 1800-calories vegetarian diet plan. For best results divide the 1800 calories into 3 meals and 2 healthy snacks per day. I am providing you with a guideline to create a vegetarian diet chart for weight loss. You can create your own plan with the help of this guideline as people’s food choices vary.
Starting the day
You can choose to start your day with any of the following options:
- A glass of lukewarm water with a dash of lemon in it. This drink has zero calories in it.
- You can also add a tsp of honey to the above mix and have it in the morning. This combination is known to burn the fat inside the body.
- You can have a cup of green tea or black tea or black coffee without sugar. You can add stevia to it instead.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it is the first meal you have after fasting the whole night. Have a hearty breakfast but within limits :P.
Your breakfast can have less than 350 calories. Here are a few options:
- 2 rotis with half a cup of dal or tofu gravy.
- A quarter plate of broken wheat upma and a cup of milk.
- 2 idlis and half a cup of sambar with half a cup of milk.
Mid morning snack
You can have boiled pulses, salads with greens, nuts and low calorie fruits as snacks. Make sure that the calories consumed are between 50 to 70 calories. You can have anyone of the following:
- 20 grapes
- A fistful of melon seeds, almonds or peanuts
- Half a cup of cucumber and carrot salad is a good option.
You have a plenty of options for a vegetarian lunch. You can eat rotis with a veggie side dish or rice with veggies gravies. You can even have both roti and rice for lunch. However, your calories should not exceed more than 350.
Option 1: A cup of rice (200 g cooked rice) and half a cup of mixed vegetable gravy. Have a bowl of salad that has lots of veggies in it. Have a bowl of raita along.
Option 2: 2 rotis with half cup of your favourite side-dish, a cup of raita along with a green salad.
Option 3: You can also have one roti with half a cup of rice along with vegetable gravy.
Try having some clear soup before you start your lunch if your stomach is not getting filled.
Your evening snack can have any of the following:
- Salted lemon juice
- A cup of green tea
- Half a cup of oats cooked in milk or water
You can also have cooked beans, pulses or sprouts.
Ideally dinner should be the lightest meal of the day. Begin with a clear soup. Have 2 rotis or upma or a bowl of oats at night with half a cup of cooked veggies and a bowl of salad.
Did you find the Vegetarian Diet Chart For Weight Loss useful?
P.S – This plan is not meant for low carbers.
You may also like reading-
- Do You Suffer From Body Heat?
- Low Carb Clear Chicken Soup with Mushrooms Recipe
- True Blue Indian Weight Loss Diet Plan
- Sleep Paralysis- Is It Real?
- How Digestion Is Affected By Stress?
- 7 Similarities between Sugar, Junk Food and Abusive Drugs
- How Hormones Can Affect Your Eating Habits And Weight Loss Goals?
- Some Simple Exercises To Lose Belly Fat
- How To Lose Weight In 7 Days
- Easy Ways To Lose Weight
- White Rice- Is It Really Unhealthy?