Top Exercises To Get Rid Of Shoulder Fat
Do you feel embarrassed due to an extra padding of fat on your shoulders? Does it make you look broad and bulky? Well, you need not get worried as a sensible exercise program along with proper diet can help you out. Let me remind you that spot reduction is not possible. By doing shoulder exercises you will be toning your muscles and this won’t affect the fat directly. Only when you lose overall weight, your shoulders will reduce in way that is proportionate to the rest of your body.
Do sufficient cardio
Do cardiovascular exercises for 30 to 60 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Cardio may not be able to work wonders on your shoulder muscles but it will help torch calories for a faster weight loss. Running is preferable and much in vogue these days. Running at a speed of 6 mph, a 70 kg woman will burn 375 calories in 30 minutes. Race walking also helps in burning 240 calories per 30 minutes for a woman with the same weight. If a 70 kg woman goes in for swimming, she burns 225 calories in 30 minutes. So, do not miss out on your cardio! Running is easy and can be done anytime, anywhere. So, go for it!
Perform the superman exercise
The superman exercise can be done as follows:
- Lie down on your belly with the arms extended forward.
- Keep your palms facing each other and legs extended behind you.
- Lift the legs and arms a few inches from the ground, keeping your face away from the floor and your head in alignment with your spine.
- Hold position for 5 seconds, take rest and then repeat same for 10 repetitions.
- Do 2 to 3 sets.
This move will tone muscles in your outer and upper shoulders along with the ones in your neck. Superman exercise also shapes the glutes excellently.
Perform shoulder shrugs
Stand and perform shoulder shrugs by holding a dumbbell in each hand and relaxing the arms by your sides. Shrug your shoulders in order to lift them as high as you can, then lower them and repeat for 12 preps. Do 2 to 3 sets. Shoulder shrugs work your shoulders and are super simple.
Pushups target the chest but they also tone the muscles on the backs of your upper arms. Now, if you are not able to a pushup, no need to worry as it is usually difficult to do regular pushups. You can go in for the bent-knee version which is a wonderful alternative. Girls will find this version of pushups easier.
Here is how to go about it:
- Lie down on your tummy
- Bend the elbows and place the palms of your hands on the ground just outside the shoulders.
- Lift yourself by pushing your hands down to straighten your elbows, leave the knees to ground while doing so.
- Bend your elbows to get back to the starting position and repeat this move for 12 reps. Try to do 2 to 3 sets.
So that is all folks! These exercises will be helpful in providing you toned shoulders! Do try them!
Will you perform these exercises to get rid of shoulder fat?
You may also like reading-
- Top 4 Multi-speciality Hospitals In Delhi
- Zenith Nutrition Zenith Protein Pure Whey Review
- Should You Eat Fish For Weight Loss?
- Top 5 Summer Fruits For Weight Loss In India
- The HCG Diet For Weight Loss-A Dangerous Fad!
- IWB Weight Loss Program-Best Offers