Fish is a very healthy food option. It is a rich source of Omega-3 fats. It contains many essential minerals like iron, zinc, selenium and iodine. Vitamin is also found in fish. Fish is a good source of lean proteins and has low calorie count.
Fish is a great protein source for weightwatchers. Its Omega-3 fats aid the weight loss process. It is usual for people to give up eating meat in order to lose weight but with fish, you don’t need to compromise much.
Now there are a lot many fish recipes. I’m sharing my version of fish curry which is low-carb. It is simple and needs common ingredients.
Ingredients Required For Low Carb Fish Curry:-
Red Chilli Powder
Vegetable Oil(use coconut if you are on paleo)
Now, lets get down to work people!!
Method and Preparation :Low Carb Fish Recipe:-
- Take 8 pieces sliced haddock fillet or any fish of your choice.
- For the batter, take 1- 2 oz gram flour in a mixing bowl.Go slow with it as it as good amount of carbs in it
- Add red chilli powder as per your taste and 1 tsp curry powder.
- Season with salt and 1 tsp ground coriander.
- Mix everything and add water to make a smooth paste.
- Add fish pieces and coat t nicely with the batter.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the fish.
- Take it out on a kitchen towel when the fish turns golden on both sides.
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic into thin slices.
- Heat oil and sauté them till they turn golden.
- Add some boiling water and cook till onions are dark brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes red chilli powder, coriander powder, ground cumin and salt to the onions and add more boiling water.
- Bring it to boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- – Add chopped fresh coriander and fish pieces.
- – Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Include fish in your diet and fasten your weight loss. You will also get stronger bones and teeth and a glowing skin in bonus.
P.S – There is around 30gm of carbs in the above recipe.
You might like reading these also:-
- Low Carb Cauliflower & Cheese Bites – Low Carb Snacks
- Fried Chicken And Egg – High Protein & Low Carb Recipe
- Steamed Fish With Mint Sauce | Paleo /Wheat Belly Fish Recipe
- Kito Diet/ Paleo Diet: Chicken Kheema recipe