Foods To Eat And To Avoid For Different Body Shapes
People come in different shapes! 😛 It may sound weird but it is true. Some have an apple shaped body, some have a pear shaped body and others have a box shaped body.
An apple-shaped body
Body fat distribution in the form of an apple is often caused due to high levels of cortisol in the body. High levels of cortisol result in an increase in insulin and stubborn fat storage in the mid section.
Foods you should avoid if you have an apple shaped body
- Foods that trigger food sensitivity response in the body. Food sensitivities tend to increase cortisol production and inflammation. Even healthy foods can cause trouble for some people.
- Foods with artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup and fructose sweeteners. These stuff tend to increase appetite and cravings for more sweets.
- Health foods high in sugar that result in an insulin spike and adversely affect fat burning.
- Foods high in fat and high in carbs.
Foods recommended for those who have an apple shaped body
- Foods that have healthy amounts of protein, fat and fibre such as raw Brazil nuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
- Fats that help increase the release of leptin, suppress appetite and lower insulin levels such as egg yolks and extra virgin olive oil.
- Foods that help in lowering the levels of blood sugar such as fenugreek seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds and oat bran.
- Foods that help improve insulin sensitivity such as blueberries, cinnamon and fish oil.
- Foods that lower cortisol levels, stabilize insulin and the ones that are packed with fibre.
- Foods like dark chocolates (70% or more) that lower both blood pressure and cortisol.
A pear-shaped body
Body fat distribution in the shape of a pear is often caused by really high levels of estrogen, it is a condition called as “estrogen dominance”. Too much of estrogen can make men and women have more weight at the hips resulting in a pear shaped body.
Foods to avoid if you have a pear shaped body
- Any food that increases levels of estrogen including unfermented soy and too much consumption of alcohol.
- Too much consumption of caffeine (more than 200 mg in a gay)
- Refined foods that result in high levels of insulin.
- Meat products that have been processed and preserved.
- Modified fats and oils
Foods recommended for those who have a pear shaped body
- Foods that help in eliminating too much of bad estrogen from the body that include cruciferous vegetables and ground flax seed.
- Foods that have phytonutrients namely sulforaphane and indole-3-carbinol that help lower estrogen.
- Meat products that are grass fed and organic dairy.
- Veggies that help in estrogen detoxification and support healthy functioning of the liver.
- Foods containing glucaric acid which prevents the re-absorption of estrogen from the gastrointestinal tract.
A box-shaped body
Foods to be avoided by a box-shaped body
- Any food that may increase the estrogen levels and affect the functioning of thyroid including unfermented soy products and too much consumption of alcohol.
- Flouride and cholrine- the common water contaminants.
- Foods that can interfere with the synthesis of healthy thyroid hormone and can cause thyroid enlargement. Foods falling in this category are soy, millet, lima beans and canola oil.
- Fish having high in mercury.
- Foods that have pesticides and other toxins.
Foods recommended for box-shaped people
- Foods rich in protein like Greek yoghurt and grass fed beef.
- Foods high in iodine like sea veggies
- Coconut oil in order to reduce body fat and increase energy.
- Raw nuts with high selenium are excellent for the thyroid.
What is your body shape?
You may also like reading-
- Healthy Fruits You Never Heard Of Before
- How To Make Your Pakoras Healthier And Less Junk?
- Is Dried Fruit Good For Health?
- Can Thyroid And PCOD Patients Use Herbalife Products?
- How To Improve Your Strength Naturally?
- Kareena’s Flat Abs Secret For Mera Naam Mary Item Song