Fascinating Health Benefits Of Mosambi
Mosambi or sweet lime is a rich source of vitamin C which makes it highly desirable to detoxify the human body. You can either enjoy the fleshy part of mosambi or gulp down a glass full of its juice while being assured that your exhausted body will definitely get rejuvenated in no time. Here are some health benefits of mosambi which will surely make you give credit to its ‘fruitfulness’.
Health Benefits Of Mosambi
1) Digestive system: Mosambi cures digestives disorders such as nausea, irregular bowel movements and indigestion and acts as a rich source of flavonoids and phytonutrients which neutralizes the excess acids present in the stomach while flushing the toxins out of the body.
2) Excretory system: Mosambi prevents constipation by keeping the bowel tract smooth. The dietary fibres acts as roughage which makes stool soft complimenting easy passage.
3) Mouth hygiene: Regular intake of mosambi in any form prevents scurvy, swollen and bleeding gums, common cold and cracked corner of lips and ensure good breath at all times.
4) Pregnancy: It is a good source of potassium and calcium necessary for the proper growth of foetus. Further, mosambi has this cooling effect which keeps brain fever and mental issues at bay and boosts blood circulation in the body of both the mother and the baby.
5) Hair: Mosambi has antibacterial properties which helps in strengthening hair and treating issues of hair loss promoting good hair growth. Along with treating dandruff and split ends, it allows hair to shine in its natural colour due to increased formation of the pigment melanin.
6) Skin: High levels of Vitamin C improves the skin tone by keeping it moisturized and treats dry, rough skin further aiding in healing of any facial scars. Mosambi juice has mild bleaching and cleansing property which lightens the skin tone and helps in getting rid of dark pigmentations spots, blemishes and acne.
7) Weight loss: Mosambi is an effective way of losing weight because of its ability to satiate hunger pangs without allowing build-up of calories. One medium sized mosambi provided 86 calories which along with the watery nature of this fruit is enough to make you feel full with almost no fat intake.
8) Bones: Mosambi protects the body against the inflammation of tissues and can actually help in preventing rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis. Being rich in folic acid, it supports movement of body joints.
9) Diseases: Mosambi has limonoids which prevent the onset on different types of cancer. Further, mosambi boots liver function which is why it is highly recommended by doctors to treat jaundice. It has also been found to maintain blood pressure of the body and protect the body from eye disorders such as conjunctivitis.
10) Physical activity: Mosambi relieves weakness in the body by contributing to the daily water intake. This also helps in reducing the instances of muscle cramps during working out.
With all these benefits from just a single fruit, its high time mosambi becomes a top mention in your list of favourite fruits this year. The apt answer for keeping yourself physically and mentally safe.
Hope you found this post informative!
You may also like reading-