Most of you would know that I have put on weight because of stress and anemia 🙁 . I have been looking for a nutritionist who can understand my nutrition needs and help me lose weight faster. I tried a 1 month diet service and here goes the review.
I stumbled on HealthCrazee through a deal on Groupon –
Pay ONLY Rs.499 instead of Rs.2000 for one month online program for different diet packages:
- Personal Diet Plans
- Therapeutic Diet Plans
- Lifestyle Diet Plans
HealthCrazee offers below diet plans –
Personal Diet Plans
- Weight Management
- Blood Group Diet
- Muscle Gain
- Detox Diet
Therapeutic Diet Plans
- Diabetes Management
- Hypertension Management
- Cholesterol Management
- Renal Disorder (Kidney)
- PCOS / PCOD
- Celiac Diet
- Pre-Post Natal Diet
- Growing Children
- Pre-Bridal Glow Diet
- Stress Management
- Menopausal Diet
- Diet for Optimum Health
The deal included –
- UNLIMITED consultations with nutritionist through phone, message and email
- Completely customized diet plans per customer profile taking into account their likes and dislikes
- Regular diet tips through message and email
My Experience with HealthCrazee
My experience with HealthCrazee was not at all great. Let’s know why –
Unlimited consultations with nutritionist did not happen.
Below is the first email that I received from her –
Following are some Diet tips to be followed during next one month.
- Do not set very high goals, desirable weight loss a week is 0.5 to 1 Kg.
- Self Motivation to loose weight is very important.
- Adopt to methods of cooking like boiling, baking, microwave, steaming.
- Avoid binges, adjust other meals of the day or of next day accordingly.
- Go for 6 small frequent meals a day pattern. This will help in maintaining your metabolism.
- Do regular exercise and walk (Minimum 30 minutes) 5 days a week. If not possible do 15 – 20 Minutes of spot jogging.
- Incorporate high fiber foods in your diet such as Raw Fruits, vegetable and sprouts. This will help in reducing increased blood glucose levels.
- While eating out select simply prepared items rather than combination dishes.
Foods to Avoid
- Sweet Products like Chocolates, sweets, squashes, aerated Drinks like Cold Drink, Soda etc.
- Avoid fruits like Mango, Banana, Lichi, Chicku, grapes
- Root Vegetables like Potato, arbi, sweet potato, beet root.
- Full cream milk, cakes, ghee, pastry, cream, ice cream, mutton, egg-yolk, butter, red meat should be avoided.
- Refined Flour(Maida), Suji, Noodles, Rice(You can take Brown rice, de-starched rice twice a week ).
- Avoid Canned Products.
- Excess Alcohol.
- Toned Milk, Curd, Paneer.
- Raw Fruits
- Sprouts, whole cereal, pulses.
- Chicken and Fish (Thrice a Week).
- Combination of refined oil is good.
I appreciate that she sent me the practical tips along with my diet plan. If I were a novice, it would have helped me. I was trying to follow all the above things ever since I knew I needed a lifestyle change.
I emailed her back asking her phone number and she obliged. We had a discussion for about 10 minutes where I told her that I was anaemic and I need a plan as per my nutrition and she obliged.
No medical test prescribed
I expected that I would be asked to undergo a medical test since I was anaemic and the possibility of other deficiencies could not have been ignored. But to my surprise, nothing of that sort happened.
Instead, a diet plan landed in my inbox every 3-4 days and the entire month passed.
Generalized Diet Plan
I received a diet plan which was very generic. I did not see any efforts that worked on my deficiency. The funny part is , the time for the first thing in the morning ie. luke warm water was 6:00 AM. LOL, who told you I wake up so early ? I know its a good habit but a lot of us have late night work or personal commitments. Does that mean we can’t lose weight ?
No Feedback about diet plan
The nutritionist never called up to check what was the progress, how did I feel, how much did I lose – absolutely nothing. She did not even ask for a feedback after a month was over, perhaps she knew what she was going to hear 😛
Honestly, in 500 bucks, I did not expect a continuous monitoring. But I did expect a sensible diet plan which was customized to my nutrition needs. Was I expecting a lot ?
Diet Plan – 2.5/5
Service Level – 1/5
Have you tried HealthCrazee Diet Plan ? Please do let me know !
You may enjoy reading –
- Is Coffee Or Tea, Your First Thing In The Morning?
- Ragi Health Benefit & Weight Loss – Ragi Dosa Recipe
- Top 7 Weight Loss Supplements
- Is Sugar Free Natura Good For Health?
- Why Is Deworming Important For Weight Loss ?
- Why should you not buy Weighing Scale from Pepperfry ?
- Healthy Savory Waffles | Protein Rich Recipe
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe – Paneer Cheese Sandwich
- Book Review | UNJUNKED : Healthy Eating For Weight Loss By Suman Agarwal
- Best Foods for Flat Belly – Part 4
- Best Foods for Flat Belly – Part 3
- 7 Foods that Sound Healthy, But Are Not