Healthy Eating Habits For Your Children
Of late children and teenagers seeking help for an eating disorder has risen by great leaps in the recent years.This post will enlighten the 10 healthy eating habits for your children. Nurturing healthy eating habits in children is an essential factor for parents to consider. The potential danger of the internet specifically social media is one of the causes which impacts the eating disorders of children and the teenagers. Some children feel fat, ugly and worthless because of their weight. They feel insecure of being judged by their weight.
Current research indicates that eating disorders are likely the result of a combination of genetic and environment factors. Teenagers need to realize that society’s ideal body image is not achievable. The photos seen in the magazines and newspapers are not real and emulating celebrities only may end up in inadequacy in life. What is important is how parents inculcate the habit of healthy eating in children from a very young age.
The 10 healthy eating habits for your children are;
1. Breakfast – Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.Eating breakfast, even if it’s just a banana and a glass of milk or a bowl of cereals kick-starts the body and makes it easier to maintain lasting energy throughout the day.This habit if started from a very young age should stick for a lifetime.
2.Focus on food while eating – Its crucial for parents to teach children the habit of concentrating on food.The three meals of the day should be chewed well for all the nutrients to go in.The parents must ensure the children focus and avoid watching TV or play with video games while eating.
3.Choose healthy snacks – Healthier snacks such as fruits, berries, unsalted nuts, unsweetened yogurt, milk shakes should be given to children.
4. Drink water – Drinking enough water as a thumb rule should be adopted by children; a habit which can last a lifetime.
5. Loving greens – Growing vegetables and herbs at home can be a fun way to teach children where food comes from and to encourage them to eat a more varied and a balanced diet. It’s a good opportunity for them to learn about plants and love them.
6.Eating with family – Encouraging children to eat regular meals at the dinner table cuts down on watching television(as mentioned above). It not only reduces snacking but instills social skills in the children.
7. Outing in the kitchen – During summer camps or on holidays ensure taking the kids to the kitchen and allowing them to have fun with aprons and small tasks. Children are more likely to become adventurous eaters if they know how to cook.
8. Be creative -Offer kids a colourful snack of different fruits and berries, or chop vegetables into interesting shapes to make them seem more fun and exciting. Salads and sandwiches can be fun!!!
9. Learn when to stop -Teaching children to listen to their tummies and to ask themselves questions about quantity and quality, such as “Is my tummy full?” or “Will I feel sick if I eat those extra cookies?” will give them the opportunity to develop their ability to sense fullness.
10. Don’t give up-Don’t be afraid to introduce children to new or more exotic tastes.They early they develop their taste buds easier for them to understand and like the food they consume. Kids should get the opportunity to explore a wide variety of foods while they grow up.
Hope you liked reading this post on healthy eating habits for your children!
You may also like reading-
- Refined Vs Unrefined Coconut Oil – Things you should know!
- How To Make Your Abs Workout Better?
- Top 8 Reasons Behind Belly Fat
- Why Fat-Shaming Fardeen Khan Is Not Ethical?