Healthy Home Made Amla Jam Recipe
Today I am here to share a quick and yummy recipe of Amla jam. There were a few Amlas lying in the fridge and the experimental me came up with this recipe 🙂
Ingredients for Healthy Home Made Amla Jam Recipe
- Amla- 7 to 8 nos
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Cardamom pods – 2 nos
- Cinnamon sticks- 2 nos (1 inch in length)
- Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
Procedure for Healthy Home Made Amla Jam Recipe
- Wash the Amlas. Cut them into pieces and remove the seeds.
- In a mixer grind them ( not too finely). Add a little water to make it easy to grind.
- In a pan, turn on the flame and add the ground amla and 2 cups of sugar along with the 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Add the cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Let the contents cook well. Bring it to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame when the amla mix begins to shine and has a jam-like consistency
Voila! Your Amla jam is ready. See, so simple and quick.
You can have it with paranthas and toasts. I enjoy it just like that as an appetizer before a meal. A spoon of it will suffice your sweet cravings too.
Coming to the shelf life, it may be low as I have not added any preservatives. You can keep it refrigerated for almost ten days. It is the amla season so you can always make small batches of it.
The sugar content is a bit high but the goodness of Amlas overpowers the cons of sugar 🙂
Try it and let me know how it tastes 🙂 . So enjoy the amla jam and stay healthy.