Healthy Hung Yogurt Dip Tzatziki Recipe
Happy Monday 🙂 . How was your weekend? I was totally in a party mood and did not want to eat Indian food for a change. I am a big fan of Mexican because I love cheese, sour cream , cream cheese that form the basic taste of every Mexican dish. That’s how I tried cheese sauce at home, I share the recipe quite some time back;read it here.
This time I tried out another dip made of hung yogurt. This is a greek dip called Tzatziki! It is absolutely easy to make and tastes finger licking good! Did I say I am in love 😀 ?
Curd – 500 grams
Olive oil – 2 table spoon
English cucumber – 1 medium sized
Lemon – 1
Salt, red chilli as per taste
Capsicum to garnish(optional)
1. The first step is to prepare hung curd. You need to hung the curd in a sieve or a muslin cloth so that the curd drains all its water and whey. Keep the curd hung overnight in your refrigerator. What you get in the cloth or sieve is nice, thick and creamy hung curd. When I am in a hurry, I hung it for 2 hours and then whisk it to prepare this dip.
2. Wash english cucumber and mince it along with the skin. Squeeze and drain its water. This is done so that cucumber does not drain water in the hung yogurt and make it thin. You can also use normal cucumber after peeling the skin off but don’t forget to squeeze it to get rid of its water. Add the minced cucumber to hung curd.
3.Whisk the yogurt, add 2 table spoon of olive oil, little salt and red chilli powder. You can also add red paprika.
4. Squeeze a medium sized lemon in the curd.
5. Mix all the ingredients well.
6. Add capsicum for garnishing. You can also use little mint instead of capsicum.
7. Refrigerate for 2 hours and tadaa, Tzatziki is ready to be served!
P.S – the texture should be thick and creamy. Check the picture below!
How to serve Tzatziki ?
You can serve Tzatziki with nachos, chips, bread sticks, garlic bread or pita bread. If you are a freako like me ;), serve Tzatziki with fresh green salad or egg omlettes. It tastes divine when cucumber is dipped in it, so freaking awesome 😉
Do try this healthy Tzatziki recipe and let me know how you like it!
See you again
You may also like reading –