Healthy Oats Halwa Sweet Recipe
Sweet cravings? I have got just what you would love! It is a quick recipe for oats halwa. It is one of my kitchen experiments but don’t worry it just tastes yummy. I have always been a fan of sooji ka halwa and when my Dad bought a 1 kg bumper pack of oats I was like… why not replace sooji (Rava) with oats? Voila! A nice healthy version of halwa was ready. Here is my Healthy Oats Halwa Sweet Recipe.
Let me begin with the health benefits of oats:
- It helps lower bad cholesterol
- It helps lower blood pressure
- It keeps sugar in control
- It improves immunity
Ok, so let me tell you how I made the oats halwa.
Oats- 1 cup
Water- 1 ½ cup
Ghee- 2 tbsp
Elaichi (cardamom)- 2 pods
Raisins and melon seeds- for garnishing
1. To one cup of oats add 2 tbsp of ghee and roast well in a wok (kadai).
2. Roast till it turns a little brown.
3. Add 1 ½ cup of water and add ½ cup of sugar to it.
4. Allow it to boil for a while on full flame.
5. After 5 minutes when it begins to have the consistency of a halwa, switch off the flame.
6. Garnish with raisins and melon seeds.
Now you have a healthier dessert option with you. It is made with healthy oats and just 2 tbsp of ghee. Have it as a sweet dish and not as a main course just because it is made up of oats; remember it also has sugar in it 🙂