Healthy Savory Waffles | Protein Rich Recipe For
Keto and Carb Watchers
Being a vegetarian, my protein choices are really limited. However,I love having Paneer &moong dal chilla as it keeps me satiated till lunch,and I am not tempted to grab biscuits or other such junk at work.I have used ready made moong dal flour which is available at all food stores. However,keeping mind ,the non availability of moong dal flour elsewhere,I will share a recipe which can be made with besan as well and tastes just as great .
Here we go….
Healthy Savory Waffles | Protein Rich Recipe
I don’t have pics with ingredients as I had already made the batter and suddenly decided to share this recipe. Please excuse the quality of pics as I had not planned to do a post, so I took them quickly. Hope it helps you all during lockdown period.
- 1 cup moong dal (soaked for 3-4 hours and ground to a thick paste) OR 1 cup Besan
- Onions,finely chopped
- Coriander Finely chopped
- Green chillies,chopped (according to your spice tolerance)
- Haldi/Turmeric (Half tsp)
- Dhania powder (I tsp)
- Garam Masala ( half tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Crumbled paneer(optional)
- Water to make thick batter
- Fruit salt
- Oil spray /oil to coat the waffle plate
1. Mix all ingredients except oil to make a thick batter. ..batter should not be runny otherwise it will create a real mess in the waffle maker
2. Add eno /fruit salt with I tsp of water to the batter and mix vigorously. The batter will look like this –
3. Now heat the waffle maker.I am using sandwich toaster which comes with a waffle plate.
The waffle plate looks like this –
Use oil/butter and spread and greeze evenly. Oil spray is preferable if you are watching your weight. Oil sprays are available at supermarkets.
Grease the waffle plate and evenly spread some batter, enough to cover the waffle plate .Do not overfill as it will spill out creating a mess.
Close the lid and cook for 5-8 minutes or till the light turns green on the sandwich maker.
Pick it up carefully and serve hot with green chutney/ketchup.
This recipe is an extremely filling snack/breakfast and looks great too. Hope you liked it!:) You can think of any low carb filling in it like hung curd or cream cheese etc.
This recipe works really well for all those who are on a low carb diet. Especially if you are an Indian and that too a vegetarian, voila! You have hit the jackpot 😉