Hot yoga as the name suggest is done when it’s hot 🙂 , you heat up your room of yoga or exercise place for 100 to 110 degrees and humidity should be more than half.
Hot Yoga For Rapid Weight Loss
This is a yoga style that gives you rapid calorie loss and therefore you lose weight like crazy. Yoga is a slow and steady process of weight loss. Yes…. but this will help you lose even quicker.
Let’s see few examples of hot yoga.
1. Awkward Pose
This asana is called utkatasana. Also known as awkward pose as it looks that way…
- Stand on the floor and raise your hands above in a namaskaras position joining them above your head.
- Now as you inhale bend our knees without getting them apart and bend parallel to the floor.
- Hold the position as much and come back to the initial pose and relax your hands
- This asana strengthens your thighs, abdomen calves and back. Keep your spine straight and should firm while doing this.
- Stand erect with hands twisted and interlocked as shown in the figure.
- Take one leg and put it over other reaching the second legs ankle back side.
- After making sure of balance, bend your knees and maintain the stance.
- Come back straight and relax your body. Repeat 3 to 5 times.
- This gives good strength in your calves and thighs.
3. Dandanamaya Janushirasana
This one is like pashchimottanasan but one legged and in standing position.
- Stand straight. Keep your back erect. Now slowly bring one leg forward to your abdomen level straight outwards.
- Now hold your raised leg with your hands and maintaining balance, try to bend your head as much as you can.
- Don’t push your limit and go back if you feel pain. Hold for 10 to 15 seconds and release.
- Relax and repeat
- This is one great abdomen fat reducer and stretcher for your spine.
Now we all are familiar with this one. This is great for people who want to get rid of belly fat and people who suffer from back pins in lower region; this stretches your thighs as well.
- Lie down on your chest.
- Bend your knees and with your hands catch your toes.
- Using your abdomen for support, stretch by bringing your legs and head closer.
- Hold for 10 to 15 seconds and release
- Repeat for 10 times.
This one has already been introduced and gives amazing strength to your hands, abdomen and chest regions. Read about it here.
Hot yoga is considered one of the best ways after bikram yoga to have toned body. it keeps your skin clean and glowing as you open your pores and sweat a lo during the session. It increases flexibility, strength and gives you great heart health. So now go and find a hot room to get a hot body 🙂
You may also like reading –