How To Choose Right Shoe For Walking, Running and Cross Training
Today I am going to tell you the different types of shoes and ways to pick your right pair of shoes.
Important parts of your feet
As you can see in the picture
- Ball of the foot
- As you walk/ hop/ run, you strain your heel, ball of your foot and knees. A right pair of shoes will comfort your foot.
- Many of us complain of knees pain and calf muscle ache after the exercise session. You assume that its because of lack of flexibility and continue taking the pain. My dear ladies your ill-fitting shoes is the culprit.
Different types of shoes based on their purposes are,
- . Walking shoes
- . Running shoes
- . Cross training / Aerobics shoes
- One of the basic exercise and easiest of all.
- As it involves the ball of your feet, your shoes to provide extra comfort in that region.
- Look for a shoe with cushioned heel, reasonably heavy (not too light weighted).
- The sole has to be flexible and need to have extra cushion under the ball of your foot.
Jogging/ Running shoes
- Jogging shoes need be flexible and light weighted.
- Extra cushion for your heel and the ball of the foot
- To avoid skidding, the shoes should have good traction
- See to it that, there is few centimeter space between your toes and the tip of the shoe. This gives room for your foot to flex.
- Outer sole of the shoe is also important. it should be hard enough to protect you from getting hurt.
- Light weighted
- Extra cushion at the heels (MUST)
- Good traction. As the training sessions are usually in-door , ordinary shoes (canvas) will not provide traction.
- It should be wide. As light weighted shoes usually cling tightly to your feet, there will be difficulty moving around.
- Above all, do not use walking/ running shoes for training (aerobics/ zumba). Walking / running shoes are designed for forward motion and remember training session involves everything (running/ hopping/ tapping/ dancing)
- Shoes fit : If you have bought a new ill fitting shoes, Ladies ! Make up your mind to discard it.
- Perfect fit is what you deserve. Try out shoes from different brands. It should not be too loose (you will easily skid or you need to put extra attention in holding the shoe to your feet) and the shoes should not be too tight (give ample room for your feet)
- PAY : Invest in a good pair of shoes
- Shoe should be made of breathable material
- Look at the grip pattern (below the shoes)
- For people with wide foot or flat foot (there are many..including me 😉 ), Remember to opt for shoes which are wider at the toe region.
- Use a new (washed) pair of socks every time.
- Know when to replace your shoes
Lastly, if you experience pain in the knee or at your ankle or behind the knee or calf muscle, CONSULT A DOCTOR.
Hope this article was useful. Until I get back with another interesting post, Take care.. Ta ta.
You may also like reading –
- Amway Nutrilite Protein Powder Review
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Day 4 and Day 5
- How To Diet Effectively For Weight Loss
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Day 2 and Day 3
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Workout Plan Day 1
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Day 1
- IWB 1 Month Weight Loss Challenge – Indian Low Carbohydrate Recipes
- Gram Flour(Besan) Pancake Recipe | High Protein Recipe India
- IWB Weight Loss Challenge – Meet Our Fitness Expert