How To Curb Sugar Cravings
You are suddenly craving for a cake or something sweet in the afternoon, don’t worry you are not alone. This happens with me all the time. Yes, I have a sweet tooth. And sometimes I also have something sweet to curb that. But what if I give you some better ways to curb those cravings. We all know sugar is not good for anything, if limited to small quantities i.e. to 2-4 teaspoons it is okay. But if taken more than that not only does it cause weight gain but also some diseases in the long run. As it increases our glucose levels in the blood.
With the festive season around the corner, it is going to be a difficult task for all the sweet lovers. So here are some ways to curb your sugar cravings, do give them a try.
How To Curb Sugar Cravings
Increase your protein intake
Now you must be wondering how are protein and sugar connected, yes they are. Sugar cravings are our body’s way of telling that they need more protein. It may not be the same for everyone, but it is for some. It worked for me. I have a slice of low-fat cheese and it does seem to help as it is high in protein.
Chew a sugar-free gum
This trick always works for me like a charm. Whenever I feel like having something sweet, all I do is chew sugar-free gum and my cravings just vanish. This will definitely work for anyone and next time when you feel the same do give it a try.
Opt for something healthy instead
There are natural forms of sugar found in fruits. So they can satisfy the urge to eat something sweet without actually having one. And we must have fruits on a daily basis because along with sugar they also contain some vitamins and minerals.
Eliminate or reduce processed foods
When you eat something white or processed foods you will have an urge to eat something sweet as well. That is because they also contain hidden sugars, for eg a serving of pasta has around 8 grams of sugar in it.
Try getting a little active, especially since we all live a hectic and sedentary life most of the time. The best thing to do this is to start walking. It helps a lot, whenever you get more active by any means your body will automatically stop craving that much sugar as it previously would.
Go for it in a natural way
Lastly, if nothing seems to help then go for it, but you do not have to consume anything with sugar instead go for natural sweeteners like stevia. You can enjoy whatever you want but without sugar getting the same satisfaction.
How do you curb your sugar cravings? Let us know!
Image Source – 1 , 2 , 3
You may also like reading –
- How I lost 16 kgs weight in 6 months – By Prerna
- How To Calculate Ideal Body Weight Using BMI
- Weight Loss: Spot Reduction Myth or Truth?
- Lose Weight With High-Intensity Interval Training
- Herbalife Weight Loss Success Story – By Jaanu
- Pica in Kids and Women | How To Handle Pica
- 6 Ways to Eating Healthy While Eating Out
- DIY: Cinnamon Tea for Weight Loss
- Indian Vegetarian GM Diet For Quick Weight Loss | Day 7 Experience
- What To Eat In A High Protein Low Carb Diet (India)
- Best Sugar Substitutes | Stevia Sweetener Review
- Best Ways to Overcome Exercise Excuses
- 7 Weight Loss Myths and Facts
- Egg Salad | Protein Recipes
- Top 5 Thigh and Butt Exercises