How To Party When On Paleo/LCHF Diet
In the days to come, I am going to bore you a lot with what I have been lately doing and you will have no option but to read 😛 , lol. Jokes apart, I have been experimenting a lot with my lifestyle.
Are you a kind of person who does not want to disclose that you are dieting or trying to lose weight ?
Are you very outgoing and don’t wana compromise your social life ? You dont want to miss eat outs, movie plans n caramel popcorn , dining out with friends and family ?
Are you someone who wants to diet as well as enjoy food and life both ?
If yes, well you are so like me , hi 5 🙂 . Although I tell everyone that I am dieting and trying to lose weight, its an occupational hazard of being a weight loss blogger 😛 . But yes, I do not like to say no to all the yummy foods my friends offer me while partying. I am not at all a difficult person and I hate sounding like one. So I figure out my way of partying while doing Low Carb/Paleo 😀 .
Low To Party When On Paleo/LCHF Diet
During weekend, I did a Barbecue party with my friends 🙂 . My friends boozed, had chips and burgers, ate whatever they wanted, Grrrrrrrhh*(&(*^%$&%$&(*(^%*% (my curses 😛 ) . I had paneer tikka and vegetable tikkis. Ok to be honest, I had one burger with vegetable tikki although I threw one portion of the bread 😛 (like kids do..they eat the delicious thing and throw away the rest ).
Food for Barbecue Party
Non veggies can practically grill anything from chicken, fish, pork to bacon. We had got chicken and fish but my friends were so full with chicken that fish had to wait. Veggies can have paneer tikka and vegetable tikkis. Grilling capsicum, mini potatoes, mushrooms etc also is an option but for that, you need barbecue sticks.You need to marinate chicken and paneer for tikkas. You can get buns for making burgers too, although that’s a bad idea if you are dieting.
How to marinate chicken and paneer for Barbecue
1. Wash boneless chicken.
2. Add curd as per quantity of chicken and paneer. Its better to marinate chicken and paneer separately since some people could be strictly vegetarian.
3. Add spices – salt, pepper, kitchen king/garam masala, red chilli powder and mix.
4. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Overnight marination gives the best taste.
5. 1 hour before barbecue, pull out the stuff from fridge.
Make sure that spices are on higher since when you barbecue, quite some flavor just burns away.
If you like the taste of barbeque sauce, you can also grind ginger, garlic, onion and add barbecue sauce. This mixture along with spices goes with curd for marination. We did not use barbecue sauce.
Drinks for Barbecue Party
Diet coke and lemon water with crushed ice are apt drinks. If you have to have hard drink, have a small vodka peg with diet coke. Although vodka is low carb, if you are in ketosis, vodka may kick you out of ketosis, so take your call accordingly.
Play some music and for a change from gossiping, shake your legs and booty for sometime 😀 . Dancing will bring fun in the party and you will burn what you are eating 🙂
Hope this will help you plan a healthy barbecue party over the upcoming weekend 🙂 .
If you have ideas of a healthy party, share with us 🙂
You may also like reading –
- Can Coffee Help You Burn Fat?
- Navratri Diet Plan For Weight Loss
- Do At Home Legs Workout-Beginner and Intermediate Level
- Are You Ready To Lose Weight?
- Does Steam Bath Help In Weight Loss?
- Indian Diet Plan For Weight Loss-How I Lost Weight
- How I Lost Weight By Running
- How To Burn 100 Calories Without Exercising
- Hot Yoga For Rapid Weight Loss