How To Reverse Age Through Weight Loss
A few days back while having a hearty laugh over some old joke, an old friend suddenly commented,” You are elder to me, but how did you manage to throw your age in reverse gear.” I laughed it off like any other joke but those words pushed me three years back when I was scared of so many things in life; the food I ate, the clothes I wore, the pain I had in my joints, the meds that I had to pop in etc etc. but my worst fear was to grow old and die a painful death which is generally assigned for a FAT woman.
I was 40 + and every morning, I used to look at my face in the mirror, pulling those puffy eye bags down to straighten them up, making funny faces to check for any wrinkles; move my knees feeling that creaking sound with my palm, stretching my back for relief from back ache and God knows what not.
Frankly speaking , it was horrifying and tiring to wake up every morning and relive that fear of getting older on a daily basis because I realised that not only my body but even my mind set, my dressing sense, my psyche each and every thing was facing signs of degeneration. The reason being only one that I was obese and if I would have added 2 kilos more I would have been declared “Morbidly Obese”. This scared me to hell. I hated being fat… hated my clothes, hated my slippers (No, my painful joints didn’t allow me to wear my favourite high pencil heels) I hated to go out, hated to get clicked and the only thing I wanted was wishing to turn the clock back? I wanted to stay young and happy.
And sadly enough no pill or tonic had the power to grant me my wish. Then one night I realised that the magical power of that magic wand I was looking for every where around me was in fact inside me. The beautiful saviour, my fairy who could save me from myself was inside my fat layers and I knew that if some one could bring a difference in my life was, I and only I. 🙂
How To Reverse Age Through Weight Loss
While the truth is that we can’t do much about the age on written documents, but our age can certainly be reduced as far as our looks are concerned. Though your date of birth certainly counts, the age your body looks defines you better. It is very important to understand which part of our body will age first… for some, the heart ages faster and for some, it’s the skin. By finding out which organ is ageing fastest in our body ,we could prevent serious health problems. the important thing for doing that is lifestyle modification. If you love green veggies and work out regularly, then your fitness level could equal that of a teenager. On the other hand, a junky’s lifestyle could make you look older than your real years. The most interesting thing here is that small changes in your lifestyle can reduce the age of your heart, skin and other biomarkers of ageing.
Exercise and nutrition
The three things that show direct effect on ageing are :
To stay young and delay ageing it is very important to take up some serious exercise in the form of walking, jogging or working out in some gym. The more you plan your exercise the better your health will be. As it is women need to keep their bones strong after 40 and the only way to achieve that aim is to keep exercising.
Stress accelerates the ageing process, so one should stop stressing out and chill out to keep the deep wrinkles away. Although its very difficult in today’s world. Oh! how much I love this quote … and actually I am trying to practise this…(not to mention that during my walking the dog exercise I watch this on a daily basis) 😛
If you are physically active, don’t take the stress and get proper nutrition then there is no reason for your body to age before time. When we talk of nutrition the first thing generally comes in our mind is to reduce fats and eat carbs. But no, I don’t agree because fats in foods like nuts are among the healthiest one can find.
If you avoid nuts thinking as high in fat, then you need to rethink. In fact, research has proved that snacking on nuts cut the risk of high blood pressure and high cholesterol by about 20%. You only need to eat 1/4 of an ounce a day to get the perfect benefits — that’s about 4 almonds. Along with this plant based proteins are the best thing to happen if you wish to slow down ageing. What you eat matters From your brain to your bones, so its important to have some age-defying foods. If you eat right, your skin, muscles, bones and heart will remain happy and youthful.
What should you eat?
- Colorful fruits and vegetables for antioxidants. The colorful vegetables and fruits such as leafy greens, deep red tomatoes, blueberries, and carrots, help stop damage of healthy cells.
- Three antioxidant; vitamin C, zinc, and beta-carotene — help protect your vision from macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness after age 64. Eating foods with these nutrients may slow its progress. Antioxidants like vitamin C can even help keep your skin younger-looking. One study linked eating lots of yellow and green vegetables to fewer wrinkles.
- Omega-3 fatty acids in fatty fish offer many anti-aging benefits. They help protect your heart, lower your odds of having a stroke, and may even help guard against Alzheimer’s disease. You must help yourself to two servings a week of fatty fish such as salmon, lake trout, or tuna. If you typically get tuna from a can, choose albacore packed in water for the most omega-3s. If you don’t eat fish, you should take fish oil supplements.
- The calcium and fortified vitamin D in dairy foods are crucial to strong bones. They help prevent osteoporosis, for instance. Include 3 cups of low-fat milk, yogurt, or other dairy products a day. If you don’t eat dairy, look for other foods (like soy milk, almond milk, or cereals) that are fortified with calcium and vitamin D.
Remember what you put on your plate affects what you see in the mirror. Eating too much sugar and processed carbohydrates (like pasta, bread, and baked goods) can lead to damage in your skin’s collagen, which is what keeps your skin springy and controls wrinkles.
The ultimate mantra
Well, no prizes for guessing that Sugars, too much fried foods and junk and processed foods are the main culprits in making us look old. So the ultimate mantra to a prolonged youth is to avoid those harming food items and eat whole foods that are closest to their natural state as much as possible, for example, instead of apple pie, try eating a fresh whole apple.
All said and done , personally speaking I feel that age is not in your body or wrinkles, it is in your mind. If you feel young from inside you cannot age even at the age of a hundred years. Can we forget the ever young Zohra Sahgal? God bless her soul.
That day after receiving that complement from my friend (well, whatever my friend would have meant with his comment on my age in reverse gear, I accepted it as a complement only) 😛 An ode to the narcissist in me. In fact, I was thinking about it a lot and realised that age in numbers remains the same but its a person’s attitude towards life that changes with good health and weight loss. If you are ‘FAT’ (Oh! come on, don’t shy away from accepting it if you are fat, denial is not the answer to any issue in life) you tend to get into depression, low self esteem and eventually hurting your health and emotional wellness. While, if you lose weight with minor or major changes in your daily life, you feel a sense of achievement and signs of ageing stop showing on your being. Keep in mind that your age is not really in your body, its in your mind…so change your mindset and set the world on fire. 😉 This world, its joys, laughters all belong to you and you only. Enjoy yourself to enjoy the world. 🙂 Ah! did I tell you that there is a beautiful fairy hidden inside you struggling to come out of those FAT layers….You owe yourself that much..Isn’t it? Change a little and make that beautiful inner you, splash all over your personality…. I have done it, and I see my inner fairy early in the morning, in that mirror smiling with me when I smile …. Don’t you want to see your inner fairy? If I can do it, you can do it too. 🙂
Do you think age reversal is possible through weight loss?
You may also like reading-
- Are you sitting too much?
- What Makes Extra Virgin Olive Oil The Healthiest Fat?
- Sushmita Sen’s Workout And Diet Secrets
- How Restaurants Make You Eat More And Pay More
- Health Benefits And Nutrition Facts Of Raw And Ripe Mango
- How To Make A Perfect LCHF Egg Breakfast?
- Why Lunges Are Beneficial For Fitness?
- Raksha Bandhan Discounts On IWB Services
- Is Saturated Fat Good For Health?
- Top Fitness Centers,Health Clubs And Gyms In Noida
- Wonder Berries For Weight Loss
- Must Have Things In Your Gym Bag
- How To Do Burpees And Get Fit
- 4 Minute Fat Burning Tabata Workout