How To Use Turmeric During Covid-19
Turmeric also known as curcumin, nowadays is being advocated by various medical as well as non medical experts for reducing lung inflammation especially amid the rising COVID-19. The Coronavirus is known to attack the respiratory system aggressively and we are all looking for every which way possible to contain it.
Turmeric, since ages has been touted as one of the wonderful ways to keep body inflammation under control. As the grannies say that with turmeric you have a better chance of fighting the coronavirus and all other infections.
How Turmeric works?
Keeping in view the present COVID-19 pandemic and the panic created around it, various suggestions are in place like these……
- washing hands
- not being in crowded spaces
- boost the immune system.
Well among all these the most controversial has been the ways to boost the immune system. Every one has own regional as well as national ways to do so but there is possibly one thing that internationally has been agreed upon and that is; Use of Turmeric or Curcumin. Everyone accepts that curcumin can minimize various symptoms related to Coronavirus as there is no cure for the disease.
During these times of Covid-19, any simple tricks to boost our immune system may help reduce the severity of the disease. Reports explain how various exporters all across India are showing an increased interest from corona-affected countries in consuming raw turmeric.
How To Use Turmeric During Covid-19
Since ages raw turmeric has often been used with hot milk in Indan households. Hot milk with turmeric is believed to keep the respiratory system healthy. Though there are various ways to use turmeric with the aim of daily boost to immunity.
Top ways to use fresh turmeric
- If you are an Indian, then we need not tell you that your daily meals have loads of curcumin added to them. No Indian curry is complete without addition of turmeric to it.
- If you have grated turmeric root, you can add some to your daily stews and soups.
- Adding a few shreds to a stir fry in the evening can be a big immunity boost.
- During lockdown amid covid-19, how about adding it to zeera rice or dals before cooking in place of dry turmeric powder. That surely will give the color and flavour of dish a grand freshness.
- How about adding some grated turmeric root into your omelette or salad?
- The best way to preserve fresh turmeric root is storing the slices in a bottle of vinegar or any of your favourite salad dressings. Just a drizzle over raw salads or stirfry vegetables can be so good.
- You can mash a slice of turmeric root and a little black or white pepper powder into your softened cheese or butter and add to cooked veggies.
- Add a small spoonful of grated fresh turmeric root to the breakfast smoothie for that immunity boost.
- You can add some juice of fresh turmeric root to your daily glass of fruit or vegetable juice.
- Making turmeric tea with ginger by boiling it in hot water for few minutes can do god to respiratory and inflammation.
- You can have golden turmeric milk. Boil and simmer grated turmeric and ginger along with black peppercorns or powdered ones, small cinnamon stick, and two cardamom pods in milk for some time. Strain and drink with a tsp of pure honey.
- For more on Turmeric Latte click here….
Turmeric aids in strengthening our immunity as the main ngredient in turmeric is about 3-5 % of Curcumin which is a phyto-derivative, which has healing properties. It is the most common spice used in the Indian curries. Its bright yellow compound known as curcumin is known to enhance the immune system. So turmeric has dual functions, it enhances the flavors and acts as a supplement too. The precaution to kept in the mind is if you are using and blood thinners consult a doctor before taking this as a supplement.
You may also like reading-
- Fun Ways To Exercise And Lose Weight
- Top 5 Brain Nutrients Found Only In Animal Products
- Nutrition facts and health benefits of Aloe Vera
- Easiest Chicken Satay Recipe India
- Hypertension And Its Herbal Remedies
- Eat Right At The Right Time For Weight Loss
- Fitness Freaks-Favorite Cheat Meal And Tricks That Worked