Hello Fitness Freaks!
We love yummy dips. The savory hummus cannot be left behind when it comes to adding taste to our food. Hummus is not only delicious but also a good option to enhance taste without enhancing fats. It has some great benefits-
First of all it is quick and easy to make as you will know when you see the recipe. No more excuses to stay away from tasty food.
It is made up of chickpeas better known as ‘Chhole’. (You can read Chick pea chat recipe too)These are a good source of protein and fibre. These nutrients keep us feeling full. No cravings mean no extra snacking which translates into no extra calories.
Hummus is low in calories and so it makes for a good substitute to our traditional favourites like mayonnaise. A single tablespoon of Hummus has only 27 calories.
Now lets find out how to make this dip (or topping)-
Hummus Recipe Ingredients:-
You will need
- 425 grams boiled chickpeas
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + a little more to serve
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- A pinch of red chilli powder to garnish
- Sesame seeds to garnish
Method And Preperation – Hummus Recipe
- Take lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic and salt in the jar of a blender. Blend these together.
- Add half of the chickpeas to the contents of jar and blend again.
- Add remaining chickpeas and blend for 1-2 minutes to make a smooth paste.
- Adjust the consistency of the hummus by adding a little water and blend.
- Take the prepared hummus out in a bowl. Garnish with olive oil, sesame seeds and red chilli powder.
- Hummus can be stored in refrigerator for a week.
Enjoy this with every food without any guilt 🙂
Do share your hummus recipe as everyone has their own version of this .Also don’t forget to check out homemade mayonnaise recipe which is fab 🙂
You might like checking out these Weightloss recipes as well:-