Can you Indianize a Keto/low carb diet?
Low Carbohydrate or Atkins Diet though is one of the best result oriented diets based in western countries. People feel it is difficult to reformulate it as an Indian diet plan for weight loss. The reason for the inhibition is that the Indian standard diet is loaded with carbohydrates. If we think smart we can easily use it as a Low Carb Indian diet plan. So to say … YES, it is possible to indianise the Keto or Low carbohydrate diet.
There are many overweight people who have given up on their weight loss efforts and plan to go for easier options like liposuction or some other fad diet to lose weight. If you are one of those, then here is a great news for you. I share with you a low carbohydrate diet plan which is the Indian version of the best weight loss diet.
Indian Version Of Low Carb Diet
Atkins Diet Plan is supposed to be a very low carbohydrate diet based on the scientific fact that a low intake of carbohydrates leads our body to burn as fuel. It starts burning body fat in the absence of carbs thus making us lose weight. That sounds easy…
How to Indianise your own low carb diet plan
Here we show how you can create your own low carb Indian diet plan for weight loss.
- Select the best Low Carb Indian food items like
- Palak Paneer,
- Sarson Ka Saag,
- tandoori dishes etc.
- For specific dishes the low carb indian dishes include tandoori dishes like meats cooked with blends of herbs and spices in a clay oven, vegetable curries or dishes made with paneer, Indian cheese, green vegetables cooked with a bit of lentils. In short Kebabs, Tandoori dishes etc.
Low Carb Indian Meal Plan
Low Carb vegetarian diet, not everyone’s cup of tea. If you are a vegan or vegetarian, you sure can have a tough time losing weight.
A Low Carb diet is higher in fat and proteins. For Vegetarians soya products, paneer and chick peas are good examples of such options.
Must Eat Foods:
While on a low carb Indian weight loss diet you must make :-
- full-fat dairy,
- healthy oils
- some tubers
- non-gluten grains
Your food should be based on real, unprocessed, low-carb foods like:-
- Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken and others.
- Fish: Salmon, trout, haddock and many others.
- Eggs: Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are best.
- Vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and many others.
- Fruits: Apples, oranges, pears, blueberries, strawberries.
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.
- High-Fat Dairy: Cheese, butter, heavy cream, yogurt.
- Fats and Oils: Ghee, butter, lard, olive oil and cod fish liver oil.
If you need to lose weight, then you must be careful with the cheese and nuts because it is easy to overeat these.
- Tubers:Potatoes, sweet potatoes and some others should not be had regularly.
- Dark Chocolate:Choose organic brands with 70% cocoa or higher. A bit of dark chocolate can never hurt you anyway.
- Gluten free: Gluten free grains are another way to control weight.
This is how you can make your own Atkins diet plan without having to go in for a Western diet.
Workout with Indian Low Carb Diet
People following Low Carb in India generally think that there is no need to opt for fitness workouts to ease weight loss as a result the weight loss turns out to be a temporary one, resulting in regain of most of the lost weight. So, keep in mind that working out is as important as diet.
Hope this post on Indian Version Of Low Carb Diet was useful!
You may also like reading-