How To do Intermittent Fasting During Navratri with IWB Diet Plan
We had been writing a lot about Intermittent fasting, which is a specific pattern of eating. To be honest, I think Navratri fasting can be called the best example of Intermittent Fasting. Since ages we Indians had been following this pattern 18/6 of IF during these nine days of fasting. If we do tweak our diet a bit, IF can prove to be the best way to lose weight during Navratri. Interestingly, people who follow intermittent fasting for nine days fasting period can easily lose weight and feel fit. They can change their wrong eating habits too.
The other benefits of Intermittent Fasting are…
- Reduced body fat
- Increased muscle mass
- Better energy level and metabolism.
If you are planning to start your weight loss or fitness journey with Intermittent Fasting, then Navratri is the best time.
Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan During Navratri For Weight Loss
During nine days of fasting in the name of Goddess we just skip a meal or two and shift multiple eating sessions to just one. All we need to do is, change the time of eating with lesser fat laden food.
We need to take care that doing intermittent fasting during Navratri, our caloric intake must not go very low and be just the perfect balanced one.
What to take care of in Intermittent fasting during Navratri…
We need to be careful about a few basic things….
- Our main meal must consist of reduced or moderate carbohydrate, moderate fat and high protein.
- Snack can be fresh fruits for vitamins and mineral requirement of body.
- Inclusion of fiber rich foods is a must as it will help in better weight loss.
- Dairy can provide proteins in the form of low fat milk, yogurt and paneer.
- Including flax seeds, almonds and walnuts in the diet during the closing or opening of eating window can add omega 3 and good fats and also help to control overeating.
- Consume lots of lemon and coconut water can help avoid dehydration.
Special Weight Loss Intermittent Fasting Navratri Diet Plan
Start your day with warm water at whatever time you wake up. Have one or two glasses of it with or without a dash of lime.
First Meal at 12 noon….
6 almonds, 2 halves walnuts, 1 tsp flax seeds or sunflower seeds with a small cup of milk.
Between 1-2 pm……
a big bowl of mixed fresh fruits (apple, pineapple, kiwi, melons, very small or half regular banana, papaya, guava or any other fruits easily available.
Between 4-5 pm…..
A glass of butter milk / Tea / Coffee / Green Tea / coconut water with a handful roasted Makhana
Between 6-7 pm…..(Main Meal)
A bowl of mixed vegetables or any fresh vegetables of your choice with 100 gm paneer cooked any way you like. Cucumber or spinach raita made with yogurt. One or two small Kuttu / Singhara atta cheela. Just in case you have a sweet tooth, have one date.
By 8 pm…..(Closing Meal)
One cup of turmeric milk with cardamom and 4 almonds.
After this till 12 noon next day you will stay in a fasted state just consuming water or green tea without honey.
This plan is between 1100-1400 calories (depending on your portions) which you need to keep your body healthy.
This is a weight loss diet plan but your weight loss depends upon your food portions as well as the way of cooking. The basic thumb rule is …. Stop eating if you feel full.
Hope you will follow this diet plan and lose 2-3 kg during Navratri. Do share your results with us here in comments and our Facebook page and various groups.
Our Twitter handle is
You can share your stories with us on our Instagram account here..
You may also like reading –
- South Beach Diet Plan:All Phases and Foods Explained
- Top 6 Types Of Crunches For Flat Tummy
- Top 10 Swimming Types And Their Fitness Benefits
- Low Carb Glutten Free Cauliflower Pancake Recipe
- Follow Indian Weight Loss Blog on Pinterest
- Cauliflower Pizza Base Recipe – low Carb Pizza Recipe
- Weekend Fitness:How to workout on Sunday