Khoob Khao Whole Grain Soya Cracker Review
The other day I went grocery shopping and bought home some goodies as well as some healthy munchies! Shopping is so therapeutic for me and now a day’s buying something healthy over crème biscuits and chips is a chip on the shoulder moment. Like I read somewhere, “You are as healthy as your shopping cart”.
So, today am going to review whole grain soya cracker. This one belongs to Good Foods Agro brand. There are 4 cracker varieties available in the market:
- Khoob Khao – Whole Grains Spicy Cracker
- Khoob Khao – Whole Grains Soya Cracker Sour Cream
- Khoob Khao – Seven Whole Grain Cracker Cheese Nachos
- Khoob Khao – Whole Wheat Cracker Achari Mango
As yummy as they sound, I brought home Khoob Khao – Whole Grains Soya Cracker Sour Cream flavor. These are basically lightly flavored diskettes of soya as you can make out by the picture on the packet.
Let’s dissect this baby!
The ingredients that go into making this are:
White Rice (54%), Brown Rice (20%), Defatted Soya Flour (8%), Red Rice (6%), Green Split Gram (4%), Tapioca, Black Pepper, Milk Solids (Natural Flavoring), Edible Oil, Salt & Spices. Contains Added flavours Natural & Nature (Identical) Product of India.
(Natural & Nature (Identical) Product of India is a company that manufactures flavours)
With that observation, one should call it a rice cracker and not a soya cracker! So basically this is a carb rich snack. And the name soya cracker is just window dressing the product. (yes, am a commerce student J)
|Serving Size about 25g|
|Total Fat||1.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Trans Fat||0.0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18.4 g|
|Dietary Fatty||1.4 g|
This packet is around 100 grams so an ideal serving of 25g gives you a decent amount of calorie breakup. It also kept my hunger at bay for a good 2 hours.
All in all, this is a good product to munch on, but don’t go for it with high hopes. It is carb rich and the name soya is a bit deceiving.
Would I purchase the product again?
Yes I would, but this time the cheese flavor. I love to munch so this would be healthy than my chips packet! Also its not that bad for Rs 49/- for 100g.
These are available in shopping malls and online stores like
Till then Keep on munching the healthy way!
This is Pooja, Ciao!
Editor’s Note: If you are following a low carb way of eating then it’s not going to be your call. For low calorie followers, may be yes a good snack to munch.
You may also like reading-
- All About Jacobson’s Progressive Muscle Relaxation Technique
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Pumpkin Seeds
- My Quick & Favourite Onion Chicken Recipe
- 7 Ways To Use Coconut To Kick The Sugar Habit
- The Why And How Of Scanty Periods
- Low Carb Grilled Eggplant Slices with Cheese And Fish Mash
- 8 Healthy Morning Habits You Should develop
- Can A Healthy Diet Prevent Birth Defects?
- 5 Vegetarian Diet Myths Busted
- Healthy Habits-5 Things To Do Before Sleeping
- Self Defence-How Women Can Prevent Attacks?