Low Carb Broccoli And Cheese Soup Recipe
My Low Carb Cooking fever is at its peak now. I might go cranky someday and will try to find net carbs in water or my supplements too..sigh !
I am sharing with you Low Carb Broccoli and Cheese soup Recipe.
I don’t wish to admit but I just dislike Broccoli. So I try to find ways to make it little more tolerable to my taste buds 😛 . I like steamed broccoli though in my salad since the sauces mask its taste 😀 , recipe here.
Let’s jump to the recipe.
Broccoli – Half head medium sized
Onion – 1 large
Ginger – tiny winy 🙂
Salt and Red Chilli powder
Gouda Cheese – 20-50 gms as per your taste
Vinegar – optional
Milk/Cream – optional
Desi Ghee- 2 TSP
Butter – 1 tsp
Serves : 3-4
1.First,chop broccoli into florets and steam it. You could do it in a microwave or on gas in a container of boiling water.
2. Chop 1 large onion into pieces ideal for sauteing.
3. In a pan, pour 2 TSP Ghee and let it get heated.
4. Add minced ginger and chopped onions to the pan. When onions start turning a little brown, add salt and steamed broccoli florets. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Empty the contents of the pan in a blender. Add little water and blend.Blend till you get a smooth puree.
6. Add little butter in the same pan that you used earlier. Add the puree and red chilli and bring it to boil. Add water to get the soup like consistency.
7. Simmer it for 10 minutes.
8. Serve. Add little butter if you wish 🙂
You too try the soup ! Let me know what variations you did to the recipe 🙂
P.S – By the time I thought of clicking picture, I had finished half the soup 😀