Low Carb High Fiber
Strawberry Yoghurt Recipe
I love fruit yogurt but its sugar content scares me. Here is what I tried today to satiate my sweet tooth and have a healthy less than 100 calorie snack. My yesterday’s shopping included some lovely strawberries and raspberries which made me realize I could prepare fruit yogurt of my liking.
While eating low carb, it is important to increase fiber content in food which I did by adding a spoonful of psyllium husk (Isabgol). Read why psyllium husk is a boon for weight watchers here.
Low Carb High Fiber Strawberry Yoghurt Recipe
Here is the recipe…..
- Strawberries – Raw, 50 g
- Thick curd (I love Mother Dairy Dahi) – 200 g
- Psyllium Husk – 1 tsp
- Stevia powder – according to your taste. (Stevia is zero carbs, natural sweetener)
- Purée strawberries with a spoonful of curd.
- Mix with curd, stevia and Psyllium husk.
- Beat well, refrigerate and enjoy as a healthy low carb snack 🙂
Makes two serves.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (EACH SERVE)
- Calories – 87
- Carbs – 11g
- Fat – 3g
- Protein – 4g
- Calcium – 168 mg
- Fiber – 4 g
- Net Carb – 7g (Total carbs minus fiber) 🙂
So what are you waiting for make it and enjoy your low carb dieting 🙂
P.S. – For the Raspberry, version check Kanan’s Facebook page here.
Don’t forget to add your ideas with this Low Carb High Fiber Strawberry Yoghurt Recipe.
You may also like trying these recipes-