Low Carb High Fiber
Strawberry Yoghurt Recipe
I love fruit yogurt but its sugar content scares me. Here is what I tried today to satiate my sweet tooth and have a healthy less than 100 calorie snack. My yesterday’s shopping included some lovely strawberries and raspberries which made me realize I could prepare fruit yogurt of my liking.
While eating low carb, it is important to increase fiber content in food which I did by adding a spoonful of psyllium husk (Isabgol). Read why psyllium husk is a boon for weight watchers here.
Low Carb High Fiber Strawberry Yoghurt Recipe
Here is the recipe…..
- Strawberries – Raw, 50 g
- Thick curd (I love Mother Dairy Dahi) – 200 g
- Psyllium Husk – 1 tsp
- Stevia powder – according to your taste. (Stevia is zero carbs, natural sweetener)
- Purée strawberries with a spoonful of curd.
- Mix with curd, stevia and Psyllium husk.
- Beat well, refrigerate and enjoy as a healthy low carb snack 🙂
Makes two serves.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (EACH SERVE)
- Calories – 87
- Carbs – 11g
- Fat – 3g
- Protein – 4g
- Calcium – 168 mg
- Fiber – 4 g
- Net Carb – 7g (Total carbs minus fiber) 🙂
So what are you waiting for make it and enjoy your low carb dieting 🙂
P.S. – For the Raspberry, version check Kanan’s Facebook page here.
Don’t forget to add your ideas with this Low Carb High Fiber Strawberry Yoghurt Recipe.