Low Carb Indian Chinese Recipe – Ching’s Secret Paneer Chilli Masala Review
Navratris start and so starts my hunt for good food options as I don’t have any non-vegetarian food during this auspicious celebration of nine days. Well, those who strictly follow vegetarian diet, it becomes easier to adjust according to the religious occasions but me, being a non vegetarian, and that too a keen follower of Low Carb diet, have to struggle in choosing recipes which suit my diet needs.
Well, it is rightly said “Where there is a wish, there is a way!” and I too thought of something which will fit my Low car diet lifestyle and came to the conclusion of making a Paneer dish to start with. Low Carb diet has a lot of variety in case of non vegetarian food but with vegetarian diet there is always some kind of repetition of food items which makes it little boring at times.
So in my quest to try recipes which will eventually help me in following my Low Carb diet for nine days, I tried this recipe which is basically a Paneer Chilli recipe. I got the Paneer Chilli Miracle Masala from the supermarket and used Cottage Cheese available in shops.
Paneer: An Ideal Low Carb High Protein Food
- Paneer is basically a milk based product and has high level of calcium & phosphorus which is great for the bones. It is considered a high protein food and used by people who are into body building.
- Paneer consists of Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids which help the body in maintaining bone health and prevent diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Being a high protein diet it consists of monounsaturated & polyunsaturated fats which help in lowering the chances of insulin resistance in the body.
- The high level of dietary fiber in Paneer helps in proper digestion which aids in proper metabolism and keeps the body healthy & fit.
I am sharing the quick recipe of this Low Carb Indian Chinese Recipe and this one just has 1.3 carb so not bad at all isn’t ?
- 200g Paneer (Cut into square cubes)
- 100g Onion, Capsicum, Carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 green Chilli ( diagonally cut)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp Oil ( to fry)
- Spring Onion (chopped, for garnishing)
Method of Preparation-
- Before proceeding, take the Chings Secrets Paneer Chilli Masala and add it in 2 cups of water (approx. 300ml). Mix it well and keep aside.
- Now, first of all take a shallow frying pan and heat oil in it. Put the Paneer cubes and all the vegetables (capsicum, onion & carrot) in it. Add green chilli and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the masala mixture in the pan and stir well. Bring the vegetable mixture to boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame.
- For a thicker gravy, simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped fresh spring onion
- The dish is ready to be served.
Well, I really liked the dish and its taste. Also, I like paneer dishes a lot and this Chinese Paneer Chilli recipe totally lured my taste buds and I think I will be making it again until I don’t get to eat any non-vegetarian food.
Also, Paneer being a high protein food keeps me filled enough and provides energy required as per my regular Low Carb diet intake.
Let me know if you have tried this Ching’s Secret Paneer Chiili Masala!
- Total carbs – 31
- Dietary fiber – 5
- Protein – 31
- Iron – 10%
- Total fat – 73
- Saturated – 32
- Polysaturated fat – 3
- Monounsaturated – 20
- Trans (g) – 0
You might like reading these-