Low Carb Indian Sweet Recipe-Doda Burfi Fudge
Diwali is here and markets are full of various kinds of sweets. Every time I enter the market my torturous sweet tooth becomes the biggest devil of my life. As it is my weight is troubling me real bad these days so I thought of making something sweet but healthy and low carb Mithai this Diwali. I started it as an experiment to make low carb Indian Mithai, and after half an hour of effort and testing all my knowledge about low carb foods this is what I created.
well, this is my low carb version of Indian Doda Burfi which can also be called Indian fudge. okay , blame me if it doesn’t taste as good as the traditional one because I have added coconut also in it. I am sure you want to know how I made it. Here is the recipe. 🙂
Coconut grated dry or fresh any – 60 gm
Sprouted mung and flax seeds paste – 3 tbsp
fresh cream or Malai – 50 ml
Illaichi powder – 2 pinches
Stevia – 2 tbsp can be adjusted according to taste
Grate bottle gourd and keep aside.
add 2 tbsp ghee in a wok and warm it.
Add bottle gourd and cook on slow flame till light golden.
- Add coconut (fresh grated or dry powder) and again cook on slow flame.
- When golden brown, add cream ( Amul fresh cream or milk malai)
- Mix well and keep cooking till the whole bottle gourd mix rolls into a ball.
- Sprinkle Stevia and illaichi powder. again mix well.
Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool a bit.
Then spread on a thali or plate and cut with a knife.
Sprinkle some more coconut flour on top and let it cool. (I was very impatient so kept it in the freezer.) 😛
Once set split all the pieces and serve or hide it somewhere in a safe place.
Those who like honey can have some honey dribbled all over the plate. since I am allergic to honey so I left it like that only.
Well who said that Low carb way of eating didn’t have any place for sweets?? This is one recipe of mine which can be enjoyed by any one who is on a low carb high protein, Low carb high fat or just low carb diet.
Here is the Nutrition Data which is going to make your Diwali eating more relaxed and happy….. take a look…
Now you see…. the whole recipe was for almost 20 pieces and you can see the wonderful nutrition values … just 1 net carb each piece…. (Shhh!!… I tell you a secret… no one in my family knows that I have made this low carb Doda Fudge and I am quite a shameless woman to gobble the whole thing alone) 😛
Are you going to try this Low carb Doda Burfi fudge?
You may like to read these-
- Simple Quick Gluten Free Cake Recipe
- 10 Healthiest Drinks In The World
- Health Issues Of Rural Women In The Himalayas
- 5 Low Carb Vegetables To Eat In India
- Calorie Counting and Calculation of macros
- 5 Foods For Your Internal And External Health
- 7 Best Diet Switches To Control Stubborn Fat
- Winter My Favourite Season To Work Out
- Manage the festive season with a smile
- The Super Brain Foods That Don’t Cause Weight Gain
- Low Carb Diet As The Mental Health Diet
- Milk Diet For Weight Loss – Does It Work?
- All About Jacobson’s Progressive Muscle Relaxation Technique
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Pumpkin Seeds
- My Quick & Favourite Onion Chicken Recipe
- 7 Ways To Use Coconut To Kick The Sugar Habit
- Low Carb Grilled Eggplant Slices with Cheese And Fish Mash