Low Carbs And High Protein Fish Frittata For Weight Loss
The whole world is coming to terms and accepting the fact that the best way to lose weight is going on a low carb and high protein way of eating. Most of us are losing weight through this way. But it is a very tricky thing to decide how much carb and how much proteins should be decided upon for intake to lose weight. Well if you ask me frankly I would say,”To each his own.” I have seen that I can never lose weight while including oats in my meals and fish does wonders to me, on the contrary there are so many people who lose weight wonderfully well on oats. Now what I think important here is that we need to identify what helps us lose weight and what stalls our weight loss. For this it is equally important to know the best combinations of Indian foods which do great for weight loss.
First we need to know which are good low carb , high protein foods.
- Lean red meat with fat included (controlled portions)
- Eggs with yolk
- Fish fattier the better
- Chicken (with the skin)
- High fat dairy; yogurt and cottage cheese
- soy beans (Controlled)
- Soy products such as tofu and soy milk
- Nuts, for example almonds, walnuts pistachios and peanuts
- Seeds such as pumpkin, sunflower and flax
Now you must be thinking that why every food mentioned has been told to be had with the fat on and not without fat… Isn’t it? That is because of a simple reason High Natural Fat = Low Carb. So if you need to lose weight fast and keep it going then go for natural healthy fats with high proteins.
Fruit and vegetables
In order to ensure a nutritious and balance low carb high protein diet you will have to include various green vegetables and some fruits also. Most vegetables are low in carbs, but for a few like potatoes, carrots, beets, peas, squashes, parsnips, sweet potatoes and corn.
Fruit is generally higher in sugar and therefore more carbs, than vegetables. The best options for a low carb diet include lemons, limes and berries (except cherries). Dried fruit is particularly high in sugar and needs to be avoided.
Choose carbs with high fiber
If you are choosing to eat less carbs, it is important to choose the carbs which are high in fiber so that your net carbs come down. Fibre intake can be a problem on a very low carb diet Especially for those who go for non vegetarian choices of low carb foods. So it is important to include greens as to increase fiber.
The best way to go for low carbing is through Low GI carbohydrate foods as these give you better energy and keep blood sugar levels stable. These low GI foods help to control hunger and control cravings.
Healthy Fats for weight loss.
a low carb, high protein diet may force you to reduce intake of certain foods but because weight loss is the result of a combination of various elements so, it is still essential to follow the principles of a healthy balanced diet. Healthy fats and other multi vitamins etc can be included in the diet in the form of nuts.
Easy low carb high protein recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 small fillets Singhara or Rohu fish
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Flax seeds
- 1 table spoon cabbage, capsicum and cauliflower each
1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Sauté fish fillets for 2–3 minutes or until soft and a bit charred.
2. Remove from flame and mash removing all bones.
3. Combine two eggs, flax seeds, onion and garlic powder and sprouted mung paste in a mixer.
4. Lightly coat a bowl with olive oil.
5. Add half of the egg mixture.
6. on top of that spread veggies. and then again pour the egg mixture.
7. spread fish mash on top and mix lightly.
8. Microwave on high for 6 minutes.
9. When at room temperature spread Mayonaise on top.
10. Cut in slices and garnish with tomato slices.
I made it for the first time and I tell you it was so filling and yummm.
And yes finally the nutrition data….
As you can see here in this picture that each serving has just 4 gm net carbs and 6 gm proteins.
So are you going to try this Low carb fish frittata?
You might also like reading-
- Fad Diet Alert!- The Sleeping Beauty Diet
- Manage the festive season with a smile
- Plantar Fasitis – Heel Pain
- The Super Brain Foods That Don’t Cause Weight Gain
- Bite Counter Gadget For Weight Loss
- Running Practice For 10K App Week 5 Marathon Practice
- Best Fish In Mumbai
- Self Managing Your Rheumatoid Arthritis
- My Experience With Rock Climbing
- Winter My Favourite Season To Work Out