Tips on How To Make The Most Of Exercising
We all know that exercising is important for your well being. Not exercising enough can harm your immunity, bring down your ability to fight stress and disrupt your circadian rhythm. On the other hand, going overboard with it can also be harmful to health.
Generally, it is recommended that you exercise for 20 to 30 minutes a day 4 times a week.
Tips on how to make the most of exercising,
1) Move less but more frequently
- Try going in for bursts of movement. As soon as you wake up, do a high energy dancing for a minute.
- Buy a stand up desk or a treadmill desk and use it every day.
- While at the supermarket or attending a phone call, do heel lifts.
- After going the bathroom do 12 push-ups.
The idea is to bring in pleasure in what you do. Start adding new movements to your routine every day.
2) Do burst-training
The body performs really well with burst-training. You can apply it to your cardio exercise or weight lifting. The other tips are:
- Walk fast for 3 minutes and return to a normal pace for another 3 minutes.
- Try running with 30s sprints.
- Do HIIT with cardio or with weights.
3) Get a recovery drink after you do burst-training
Those who do burst training or vigorous exercise need to consume a recovery drink immediately after the workout.
- Say NO to sugar as it isn’t good.
- The best formula would be the one that has between 10 to 40 g of protein, 7 grams of carbs and 3 g of fat.
4) Sleep tight
- To increase your energy levels and lose weight, you would need to go to sleep everyday at 10 pm and sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours a night.
- If you cannot get enough sleep at night, try taking naps if you feel tired.
Sleep is important because it helps the body produce sufficient amounts of growth hormones and repairs itself. Sleep helps remove toxins and rejuvenates cells.
5) Make sure that you give time for recovery
Recovery refers to the body’s ability to repair the tissues that get damaged while exercising. It also includes rebuilding muscles, restoring the body to prevent any kind of injury and letting the body rejuvenate itself emotionally and psychologically.
Don’t get worried about the fact that you are not exercising regularly. You can still get on track.
- It would be great if you choose an exercise that you enjoy a lot and which also makes you sweat. Do it four times week.
- It is no surprise that exercise helps fight stress, makes you sleep well and helps raise endorphins or the happy hormones! Any kind of exercise will do wonders on your health, even something like walking.
- Just try to make the first attempt and I am sure that there will be no regrets. Begin noticing your heart rate while at rest and during exercise. Also pay close attention to the difference in your body, weight and mood. You will definitely see improvements.
So, go ahead and start exercising.
Hope you found this post- ‘How To Make The Most Of Exercising?’ useful!
You may also like reading-
- Ward Off Anxiety With Lifestyle Changes
- Simple Tricks To Relieve Anxiety
- Is Anxiety Not Letting You Meditate?
- Easy To Follow Diet Chart To Reduce Anxiety