How To Find Out Whether Your Metabolism Is Slow Or Fast?
Have you ever wondered if you have a slow or fast metabolism?
Have you come to the conclusion that you are cursed because of slow metabolism?
Do you think that you are gaining weight because of aging?
Here is a good news for you, No, this is not true. You can boost metabolism even as you age.
When you have a fast metabolism, it becomes easy for you to maintain a healthy body weight, burn fat and feel confident and strong with youthful muscle. Your mental focus also stays sharp and you have immense energy! With a fast metabolism, age does not matter.
Unfortunately, most people suffer from a sluggish metabolism. If you want to know whether your metabolism is slow or fast, you can find the classic signs below:
There is stubborn weight gain when you have a slow metabolism. Workout and dieting will also be of no help. However, there are many things that can be done to resolve this.
Feel gassy and bloated after every meal? Many people suffer from poor digestion, heartburn and other related issues leading to fatigue, inflammation and a sluggish metabolism.
3) Hormone imbalances
A slow metabolism can cause hormonal imbalances and you will have dry, scaly skin and a dwindling hairline.
4) Blood sugar imbalances
You may have carb cravings and an urge to eat something often. After a few hours of eating your blood sugar crashes down and then you need to eat something again.
If you are suffering from any of the above problems, don’t worry as there is help at hand! Yes you can now change the dying metabolism to a great kicking one.
Ways to boost metabolism
1) Burn fat
- Don’t eat anything after dinner so that you would have done a 12 to 14 hour fast by the time you wake up next morning.
- Eating an hour or two after you wake up will keep the blood sugar in check and prevent mood swings.
- Eat every 4 to 6 hours to help in keeping insulin levels right. Eat healthy fats, fibre, and lean protein in every meal.
- Follow this to switch from sugar burning to fat burning.
2) Treat food intolerance
Food intolerance leads to several health issues like leaky gut, chronic inflammation and immune reactions. The biggest reasons of food intolerance are
- sweeteners and
Now think, what is the culprit in your case! Yes, you can lose weight by identifying the real culprits.
3) Consume a lot of water
- By staying hydrated you can increase metabolism by 30%.
- On the other hand, even 2% dehydration can affect your performance, making it difficult to focus and feel fatigued.
- You need to keep drinking water throughout the day.
4) Stick to HIIT
- To kick-start your metabolism and make your body enter the fat-burning mode, you need to do HIIT.
- It will be great if you can do it first thing in the morning.
5) Manage stress
- Stress cannot be avoided but if it becomes chronic, it can work against you.
- To boost metabolism, de-stress by meditating, spending time with a friend, or taking a relaxed bath.
6) Sleep well
- You need to clock-in 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night.
- A good sleep will help fat burn and keep your hunger hormones in check so never give up your sleep for anything.
- Sleep deprivation can affect your metabolism in a negative manner.
Hope this post about ‘Ways to Find Out Whether Your Metabolism Is Slow Or Fast has been useful’!
You may also like reading-