Mung Bean Pancakes | High Protein Recipe
Hope you are all doing good after a lot of heavy Christmas feasting. I am sure you are planning to eat healthy and lighter from today.
Keeping that in mind, I am sharing a recipe with you all. I am a vegetarian and so it becomes very difficult for me to find some good protein sources that are not too high in carbs. So I tried these pancakes, and they turned out excellent, in fact they have now become a staple at my place and have replaced the regular Dosas. And are made once every 10 days. Mung beans are very good for health, they are very low in fat as well. They are an excellent source of amino acids and proteins and also a good amount of fiber. And the best thing they are low in calories, a cup of mung beans contain around 60 calories.
So lets get started, You can call it Mung bean pancakes, Dosas, etc.
Ingredients- Serves -2
- Mung beans- 1 cup (you can also use sprouted mung beans for a more healthy option)
- Green chilli ginger paste- 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Rice flour- 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp ( optional)
Recipe – Step by Step
Measure 1 cup of Mung beans, pick and wash it three to four times.
Soak the beans in water overnight or for 6-7 hours in enough water.
After soaking them drain the excess water, in other vessel, we will need it for grinding and add in rice flour and ginger green chilli paste and coriander leaves in the beans.
Add some water and grind to a thick paste. Note add in the required amount of water at this step itself, if the water is added after grinding it it wont mix well, with the batter. Remove the batter in a bowl and add in salt.
Serve with green coriander chutney, mysore chutney, some paner sprinkled on top, make your variations.
Do give it a try and let me know how it flared 🙂 !
You may also like reading –
- How To Read Food Labels
- 0 Calorie Sweetener Equal Products Review
- Health Benefits Of Nuts
- The Dangers Of Aspartame
- Shweta’s Weight Loss Story
- Is Coffee Or Tea, Your First Thing In The Morning?
- Ragi Health Benefit & Weight Loss – Ragi Dosa Recipe
- Top 7 Weight Loss Supplements
- Is Sugar Free Natura Good For Health?
- Why Is Deworming Important For Weight Loss ?
- Why should you not buy Weighing Scale from Pepperfry ?
- Healthy Savory Waffles | Protein Rich Recipe
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe – Paneer Cheese Sandwich
- Book Review | UNJUNKED : Healthy Eating For Weight Loss By Suman Agarwal