Papaya and Sun Melon Summer Fruit Drink Recipe (Repost)
You know what is the best thing I like about summers (apart from the occasional breezy days)? It’s my frenzy experiments with summer drinks and shakes. I literally use just about anything that crosses my sight to prepare a new taste for myself. And you will always see two glasses of preparation in my case; why bear the consequences alone? 😛 My mother or brother either relish it or make faces at me which kind of gives me the experiment results. If I happen to hit on a master recipe; I share it here.
Papaya and Sun Melon Summer Fruit Drink Recipe
Today’s summer drink has a sweet-sour taste with a background flavor of ginger. Let’s get started.
- salt, pepper
- Start by cutting half part of a sun melon.
- Start cutting into larger pieces first. You don’t need to be girly creative like me. 😛
- Cut further to get smaller pieces.
- Remove dust from your mixer jar if that has not been of any use to you till date. 😛 Transfer the pieces to the jar.
- Pick up a fresh papaya now. Mine is a pretty hefty one.
- You know the drill. Start cutting the papaya into similar pieces as you did for sun melon.
- Transfer these to the mixer jar as well. Also add water around half or 2/3rd of a glass.
- It is time to add some peppy flavors to our drink. Squeeze half a lemon to the jar. Be careful not to allow lemon seeds seep in the jar or else they might get churned and then the whole taste will go for a toss.
- Add pepper. I am adding everything beforehand because I can relate with the taste already. You may add after churning and tasting.
- Add salt. This is an optional step. Follow the command of your taste buds.
- I’d like some gingery zing in the corner of my glass so I am adding a bit of ginger after crushing it. You may add a little bit of it and if you like the taste, adjust the quantity likewise.
- Now you are all set to press the button of your mixer. Just pack the lid and get set go.
Churn till you no longer see any big pieces in the drink.
- When you are done, just pour the drink over crushed ice.
- Now, just gulp down in some corner where nowhere comes and asks you to share.:P
It is quite filling and healthy. You may have it in breakfast with a vegetable toast or as a post workout drink. You may even have it as mid meal in these Navratras, just do not add salt to it and it becomes a fast- friendly drink.
Papaya is great for our digestive system. It lends a helping hand in cases of indigestion, constipation, heart burn, gastric ulcers etc.
Papaya is very beneficial for people who have unusual blood clotting in their body because of the presence of an enzyme called fibrin which prevents unnecessary blood clots. It is said to have anti-cancerous properties as well.
It regulates the body fluids (it is one of the common problems in summer season) owing to the presence of potassium in good quantities.
And you know what the biggest benefit it offers? Bring your ears close.. It adds very less calories to your body and keeps you cool in summers at the same time. Yes, papaya is said to contain only around 40 Kcal per 100grams.
Sun melon contains vitamin C and beta carotene- things that prevent various diseases from attacking our bodies and which keep our skin great too. Thinking about the sweetness in the fruit? Natural fruit sugar is never bad; just try to have it in the former part of the day when you are relatively more physically active.
So guys taste it and let me know whether you had a smiley or an inverted smiley on your faces.