Post Workout Smoothie-Watermelon And Litchi
Annyeonghaseyo! (Hello!) Its been long, yes! A really long time since I have posted some recipe here on my all-time-favourite site. Gah! Finally done with all my exams! I’m a free bird now hehe.. I have been anticipating for my exams to get over so that I can finally be back and now here I am, back with an awesome smoothie recipe for you all! It has got only two, yes you heard that right only two ingredients but rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin D, zinc, potassium, magnesium, niacin, folic acid, copper, riboflavin and what not! We will see what all these components does to our body later on, at the end of this article. It’s a simple recipe that doesn’t consume much valuable time of yours to prepare and apt for you when you are in a hurry!! So what are we waiting for? Let’s jump onto the ingredients list straightaway! 😀
- Frozen de-seeded watermelon cut into cubes – 2cups.
- Frozen de-seeded litchi (lychee)– 2 cups.
- Mixer grinder.
- Basil/mint leaves for garnishing (optional).
- Take out your frozen watermelon and litchi. Keep it in room temperature for about a minute or two.
- Get your grinder and simply throw in the watermelon first and pulse it for 4-5 times (5 seconds/pulse)
- Next add litchi and grind it on high for 10 seconds.
- You are done! Add some basil/mint leaves and serve while its still chilled!
- You can keep the excess smoothie in fridge if you want but taste would change slightly.
- You can strain it if you want it to be absolutely smooth but I prefer a bit thick, slushy feel while slurping so I prefer not to strain it.
- Its rich in vitamin C, riboflavin, niacin, calcium, magnesium, potassium and much more.
- Did you know litchi helps in weight loss?? The oligonol found in litchi reduced excess fat storage in our body. Also the presence of vitamin B like niacin, thiamine, riboflavin mentioned above effectively increases Basal Metabolic Rate that aids in faster metabolism of fats and carbs. Isn’t it awesome??
- It’s a great post workout smoothie because of the presence of oligonol that again increases blood circulation throughout the body that lowers post workout exhaustion. Copper, manganese, magnesium helps in RBC/blood formation, thus its a really great smoothie for those who suffer from anaemia and feel exhausted easily.
- This smoothie is rich in anti-oxidant, and we all know what anti-oxidant does! It helps in cancer and tumour prevention.
- Potassium helps in maintaining our body fluid balance, keeps us from getting dehydrated, maintains blood pressure and prevents us from having stroke and heart attack.
- High fiber content of this smoothie is really good for heart and also decreases fat formation.
- It has got beta carotene that boosts our immune system keeping us fit and free from common diseases like cold and cough, fever, etc.
- It also helps in digestion! Prevents bloating, acidity and gastritis problem.
- A special bonus for our ageing beauties out there 😛 oligonol also helps in UV ray protection and reduces fine lines and wrinkles on skin! That’s great isn’t it?? 😀
This simple 2-ingredients smoothie has so much to offer that we were hardly aware of! But now we know it, right? So without wasting anymore time go make this smoothie to stay fit and healthy. Of course having this smoothie alone won’t aid in weight loss. You would be needing proper balanced diet and adequate exercise to achieve your desired health. And I know you can do it! 🙂 Need any help/motivation? IWB team is always here to help you! 🙂
Eat well and stay Fit! Till then, Sayonara!~ 😀
Hope you found this smoothie recipe interesting!
You may also like reading-
- Health Benefits Of Wine And Other Alcohol-Surprising!
- How To Change Life In Forty Days
- Disinfecting Your Water Bottle-Why And How?
- Exercises To Gain Weight For Women
- Silk Pillowcase to Reduce Skin Wrinkles