Post Workout Sugar Free Strawberry Pomegranate Smoothie
Hello everybody! It’s been a long time since I shared some recipe! So here I am, back with an awesome smoothie recipe that requires no sugar and is rich in anti-oxidants, vitamin C, calcium and much more stuff to keep you fit and healthy this winter!! So let’s check out the ingredient list and see how to prepare this tasty smoothie. 🙂
- 1 bowl/cup sliced strawberry.
- 1 bowl/cup pomegranate.
- 1 bowl/cup plain yogurt.
- 4-5 tablespoon of honey ( or according to your taste)
- 1 ripe banana.
How to prepare:
- Add all the strawberry and pomegranate to the blender and blend it for about 20-25seconds.
- Add the yogurt and banana, blend it for another 20 seconds.
- Add honey and blend it for the last time!
- Keep it in the fridge (if you want chilled smoothie).
- Serve and enjoy!!
Benefits of Pomegranate:
- Punicic acid present in pomegranate is great for skin and keeps them wrinkle-free.
- Helps to fight diabetes and even cancer.
- Its high anti-oxidant property protects against cardiac arrest and stroke.
- Increases immunity.
- Increases blood haemoglobin count.
Benefits of Strawberry:
- This juicy fruit is rich in vitamin C that’s prevents scurvy.
- It is a great immunity booster!
- Strengthen cornea and retina of eye and keeps them healthy.
- Ellagic acid present in strawberries is a potent acid that can fight cancer.
- Reduce blood cholesterol level and prevent heart attack!
- Maintain normal blood pressure and keeps skin wrinkle-free as well.
Benefits of Banana:
- There are hell lot of people out there who suffer from Seasonal Affecting Disorder (SAD), this miraculous fruit is great at fighting their SAD due to the presence of tryptophan (an essential amino acid) in them.
- High level of potassium helps in boosting concentration level and makes you smarter!
- People who are trying to quit smoking, try having banana because high level of potassium, magnesium and vitamin-B helps to fight all sorts of withdrawal symptoms.
- Stabilize blood glucose level and also help to overcome depression.
- Since its rich in fibre, it has the power to normalize bowel movement.
Benefits of Plain Yogurt:
- High in omega-3 fatty acids and it helps to lower cholesterol
- Yogurt contains vitamin-B, calcium, potassium that boosts out immune system
- There is a bad hormone called cortisol, which is responsible for our stomach fat. But no need to worry! Calcium present in plain yogurt inhibits the formation of that cortisol. So more yogurt = less stomach fat.
- It solves all gastrointestinal problems.
- High level of potassium, calcium and magnesium lowers blood pressure.
#Note: If you want you can strain the smoothie to get rid of pomegranate and strawberry seeds and get a clear smooth and thick smoothie (some people like it better this way, including me). But if you want a crunchy feel to it, you can drink it directly without straining it! 🙂
So, go get all the ingredients ready and have a great time enjoying this Sugar-free smoothie! Eat well and stay fit! 🙂
Do try this yummy smoothie!
You may also like reading-
- 13 Foods that are healthy for women
- Zenith Nutrition Green Coffee Bean Extract Review
- Les Mills Body Balance and Yoga
- Top 10 Amazing Benefits of Ab Doer Twist Workout
- Healthy Chocolate Ragi Banana Cake Recipe
- Things Marathon Runners Should Remember
- Low Carb High Fat Cheese Sauce Recipe
- Svetol-The Supplement For Weight Loss
- Natural Diuretics For Good Health And Weight Loss