Sculpt Your Core With Pilates Workout
People, when quizzed about their nature of workout usually say that they go for either the regular gym, Bikram Yoga classes, Zumba classes or Pilates. So Pilates has become that common and is very much in vogue.
What Pilates exactly is?
Pilates is a kind of exercise that was developed by Joseph Pilates. The exercise is named after him. Anyone in search of a higher level of fitness can do Pilates. It focuses on the balanced development of the body that is done through core strength, flexibility, and awareness where efficiency and graceful movement is supported.
Who does Pilates?
Initially it was thought to be a workout for young women and celebrities. You would be surprised to know that people of all shapes and sizes, from different walks of life are actively doing Pilates. The list includes athletes (they really need to be fit!), dancers, women post delivery, senior citizens. Pilates has something to offer to all kinds of people regardless of their size, height or weight.
Six principles of Pilates
- Centering: Pilates physically brings the focus to the center of the body. The powerhouse area lies between the lower ribs and the pubic bone. Pilates exercises are sourced from the center.
- Concentration: Exercises done with full attention and commitment yield maximum benefit.
- Control: There is complete muscular control while doing every Pilates exercise.
- Precision: In Pilates, there is proper placement, alignment relative to other parts of the body, and each part of the body has a trajectory.
- Breath: Breath is used properly and exercises are coordinated with breath.
- Flow: All exercises are done with grace, fluidity and ease.The energy of the exercise flows evenly through the body.
Sculpt Your Core With Pilates Workout
The deep and internal muscles of the abdomen and back are called the core muscles. These core muscles are trained to be strong in Pilates; they make the superficial muscles of upper body to support the spine and movement. Core strengthening by Pilates help people suffering from back pain, the upper body is stabilized, relieving the pressure and making the body move freely.
Does Pilates help in weight loss?
Pilates does help in weight loss and also creates lean and fit bodies. It does so in the following ways:
- You burn calories as you exercise. The number of calories you burn varies from person to person.
- Pilates helps create lean muscle mass and it is the best way to increase the ability to burn calories.
- The body is toned and shaped with help of Pilates.
- Pilates creates a leaner look by focusing on both length and good alignment. It provides a beautiful posture.
- Pilates encourages deep and efficient respiration. It is important for calorie burning and regeneration of tissues.
- Practicing Pilates promotes self-esteem and sharp lifestyle consciousness. Both are linked to weight loss.
Other benefits of Pilates
If you are practicing Pilates you can get the following benefits
- You would suffer less from muscular/ joint aches and pains. You are less likely to get injured, because the way you carry yourself and your balance will improve.
- You improve your metabolism by building muscle, so that even while not exercising your body burns more calories.
- Pilates lower your blood pressure and reduce your cholesterol levels.
- You can achieve good flexibility.
- Improvement in posture.
- Better blood circulation also gives you a boost of energy.
- Joints remain healthy as you age when you do Pilates.
- Pilates builds both mental and physical stamina.
- By focusing on each exercise and sequence it improves concentration.
- Pilates provides a sense of calm and well being as the tense muscles relax.
- Endorphins are released that naturally make both the body and mind feel more relaxed and positive.
- Pilates improve sleep.
- It will make you feel energized and invigorated.
Stay healthy and stay fit!!