Hello Beautiful ladies,
We have been talking about motivation in my last posts about Malaika Arora Khan. As a continuation, lets see about another celebrity today.
Today’s celebrity is also a ‘Yummy – Mummy’. She is an actress, model, dancer, host, jury and she is also a mom with a cuteee baby boy. She has been always in the news for her beautiful fashion sense. According to me, she is the only fortunate celebrity to have a perfect ‘nose job’ done..Hope you all agree with me !! 😉
Yes..Today’s celebrity is Shilpa Shetty Kundra
This fabulous diva has inspired many girls to take up ‘Power Yoga’ for fitness. I did a little research about this icon. Today, Very happy to present to you her routines.
Shilpa Shetty’s Post Baby Weight Loss Secrets
Talking about Shilpa’s food routine, she says
“ I added whole milk and ghee to my pregnancy diet. But, the extra kilos didn’t allow me to even bend or sit down. Though I wasn’t used to so much weight, I did not diet. Nursing a baby allows the mother to burn 500 calories per day.
Crash dieting slows down the metabolism, affects the child’s health and makes it more difficult to lose weight. It can also leave you irritable and lead to postpartum depression. I ate everything I felt like and consumed about 2,200 calories per day.
Now, since Viaan is seven months old, I do not need to consume fat to provide him nutrition. I focus on eating a balanced diet and my daily calorie intake has come down to 1,800.”
- She believes on balanced diet than crash diet for weight loss
- Her balanced diet is framed for 1800k cal and she follows it strictly
- Everyday she starts with a glass of amla juice / papaya
- For breakfast , two whole eggs (in a half an hour interval) with a bowl of fresh and dry fruits
- Lunch consist of a bowl of brown rice, 2 rotis, daal , fish, green vegetables and egg bhurji (oooh..A complete Lunch)
- Dinner with veggies salad, a turkey slice and salmon streak (everything cooked in olive oil)
- She has replaced regular sugar with brown sugar for tea and other drinks
- 2 hours after her breakfast and lunch, she drinks tender coconut/ slim milk dahi.
Shilpa’s Interesting Dinner routine
Shilpa’s dinner routine is very interesting !! Ya ladies, she takes carbs and no-carb dinner on alternate days. Her no-carb dinner includes Whole milk, egg whites and fruits. (Waa..What an idea..Shilpa ji !!)
Shilpa’s Fitness routine
Shilpa is not just a Yoga girl, her workout plan includes gym, training, aerobics (cardio). After becoming a mom, she didn’t find time for her exercise regime. Then she made a practice of working out in the afternoon when her son sleeps. (Aww..cute !!). She says “Losing baby weight for me was not about fitting into an outfit, but about doing the right thing for my health and my baby’s”
It’s normal for women to feel insecure about their looks post pregnancy, she says. “The pressure is two-fold for celebs. Fortunately, I was comfortable with the extra kilos and never thought about fitting into my old wardrobe. My baby’s health was more important.”
- After delivery, she worked out for 25 minutes a day for 3 days a week.
- Then, gradually increased it to 45 min – 1 hour of exercises which indulges different body parts
- Now, she spends 1 and a half hour a day, 5 days a week for fitness. She includes weight training (Ladies !! Listening..) along with yoga and training.
- Weight training she believes is the key to keeping her body toned at all times. Light weights will help you achieve a fit look without getting too bulky she says. Most women believe that weight training adds body mass and results in a more masculine look. She proves to us that the right amount of weights combined with the right regime is what is needed!
- Yoga is the way to give your body the flexibility and agility that will complement the toned shape perfectly. Apart from that yoga is also a wonderful way to make sure that your entire system is well taken care off!
- Meditate to give your mind the calm it needs for your body to stay healthy. A healthy mind is a healthy body after all.
Shilpa’s Yoga DVD
After winning the Big Brother show in UK, she was all over in the news. She became the overnight celebrity in UK and everyone wanted to know the secret to her amazing body. That is when Shilpa released her yoga DVD, which is 2 hour long video talking about the right way to perform the various asanas. The DVD explains balanced connection between the mind, body and soul. Shilpa Shetty has performed 35 different and distinct asanas or postures that focus on various parts of your body and which cumulatively lead to the feeling and actualization of overall well-being.
A Piece of Advice from Shilpa’s desk:
Follow a healthy diet. If you don’t have time to work out, try and walk from your home to the station or use the stairs instead of the lift. Walk at least 2 km a day. There is nothing wrong in eating sweets, only eat them in proportion.
For mental happiness — be positive.
Which is your Favorite Bollywood Yummy Mummy? Let us know 🙂
You may also like reading –
- Anti Inflammatory Diet – Which Foods To Eat
- Health Benefits Of Green Chilli
- Women’s Health and Self-Assessment
- New Year Resolutions 2014
- Why Women Must Lift Weights?
- Stress Management : 8 Ways To Reduce Stress
- IWB 1 Month 4 Kgs Weight Loss : Diet Plan Week 4
- Aerobic Exercise And Weight Loss
- Diet For Thyroid Patients
- The Dangers Of Overtraining
- Join IWB as Writers and Participants
- Lifestyle Changes To Ease Irregular Periods