Meet Socca Pizza The New Healthy Food Sensation!
However, are you completely satisfied with it? If no, please read on!
Presenting Socca Pizza – The gluten free pizza!
Picture courtesy: www.prepgreen.com
It has taken the healthy food arena by the storm. It is made from chickpea flour (called besan in India in Hindi). It has a chewy and nutty taste. With chickpea being the main ingredient, it has so many health benefits to offer. The cheapest superfood in the world helps in lowering levels of bad cholesterol and decreases the risk of heart ailments. It also induces weight loss. The other ingredients added to the crust of socca pizza are olive oil and water (both are healthy!)
People have fallen in love with the socca pizza because it is naturally gluten free and grain free. When baked, the crust gets soft and crispy on the outside. You can then pile on your favourite veggies.
Get creative and you can bake your very own healthy, gluten free socca pizza.
How to make Socca Pizza?
You simply need to stir a few ingredients together and let them sit aside for an hour. This step is not very necessary but doing so will help yield a better result. You need to then pour the batter on a cast iron ovenproof skillet and keep it for baking for 10 -minutes. Add the toppings of your choice and you are good to go.
Socca Pizza Recipe
If you really want to give this a try, here is a detailed recipe!
This recipe makes a 10 inch pizza that has 2 servings
What all you require:
- 1 cup of chickpea flour (besan)
- A cup of water
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- A teaspoon of dried oregano
- Toppings – Fresh veggies, greens, tomato sauce, pesto sauce and all the healthy stuff you can think of
- Mix all the ingredients together and save aside 1 tbsp of olive oil and toppings for use later. Once mixed well, let the socca batter sit for an hour so that everything is well soaked.
- Heat your oven and place the cast iron pan in it till it gets warm and toasty. Remove it from the oven and place it on the stove.
- Coat the pan with a table spoon of olive oil and pour on socca batter. Tilt the pan in circular motion till it gets spread evenly. Place it back in the oven and let it cook till it gets brown and toasty.
- Once ready, remove it from the oven and add toppings. If you have added cheese and want it to melt, you can keep it back on the oven for a minute or two till the cheese gets bubbly.
- You now simply need to slice it and serve it!
Hope you liked reading this post on the famous socca pizza!
You may also like reading-
- Why Paneer Parantha Is Better Than Cheese Pizza?
- Why Fire Baked Pizzas Are Better?
- How To Bake Whole Wheat Pizza Base At Home?
- Eating Healthy At Domino’s And Pizza Hut