6 Easy Stretches To Ease Digestion
Okay, so you just had a hearty lunch! Great! The problem with having an elaborate and heavy meal is that your tummy feels uncomfortable later. Here are some stretches to ease digestion! Keep reading!
1) One-legged Spinal Twist
You can do this twist to make things move in your belly. It can even be done when you have been sitting for long hours. Here is how to do it!
- Bend the right knee & cross the left elbow to the outside edge of your knee and look over the right shoulder.
- While breathing keep deepening your twist. Stay in the pose for 30 secs and then repeat on the other side.
2) Knees to chest
- Lie down face up, bend your knees and bring them to your chest.
- Give a big hug to yourself and rock the knees from one side to another in order to massage the abdominal organs and make things move.
- Hug the knees tightly for a few secs and release your knees away from the belly, lowering your toes to the ground for some secs. Keep alternating between the two for about a minute.
3) Spinal twist
This move is another twist that helps get things moving:
- Lie down face up on your bed. Bend your knees into your chest and cross them over to your left.
- Extend the arms in a T position and gaze to your right.
- Stay so for 30 secs or more with a feeling of your spine lengthening and twisting. You might possibly hear a few cracks!
- Use the abs to lift the knees back to the centre and repeat the same on the other side.
Another stretch for your belly!
- Lie down on your back and extend your legs.
- Lift your head and upper back off your bed/mat and prop your upper body with the elbows.
- Relax the head back, opening through your throat.
- Hold the position for about 30 secs.
5) Seated Heart opener
This stretch helps in easing belly cramps and can be done either on the floor or on a chair.
- Sit on your heels. Lean back while placing both your palms flat on the ground about 8 to 10 inches behind you so that your fingertips point away from you.
- While pressing your hands firmly onto the ground, lift your chest as much as you can. Arch the back and push the hips into the heels. In order to increase the stretch, you must lower your head behind, stretching through the throat and the front part of the chest.
6) Extended wide squat
This one is a relaxing yoga pose that provides relief from gas pains!
- Stand with feet apart, slightly wider than hips. Bend the knees and lower your hips towards the floor. If the heels do not touch the ground, you can roll up a towel and place it under the heels for support.
- Bring the palms together at the heart centre and press your elbows firmly against the inside of the knees. This will open up your hips even more.
- After a count of 5 breaths, release the hands to the ground/floor and walk them away from the feet to increase the stretch in your hips and lower back. Hold for another 5 breaths.
Hope you found the 6 easy stretches to ease digestion useful!
You may also like reading-