Steps for Sustainable Weight Loss
The amount of exercise aids weight loss is open to debate, but the benefits go way beyond just burning calories. Exercise increases the metabolism rate in your body and fills you with energy to do try out other weight loss programs. Everyone wants to lose weight and lose it quickly. This post will explore 10 sustainable steps for sustainable weight loss for you. Evidence as well as experience says that people who steadily and gradually have lost weight are more successful at keeping weight off and continue with their weight loss regimen religiously.
Losing a sustainable weight require consistent amount of patience, commitment, hard work and important lifestyle changes which includes regular exercise, daily eating and certain habits to change. Since one pound equals 3,500 calories one needs to reduce his caloric intake by 500—1000 calories per day to lose about 1 to 2 pounds per week. Once you’ve achieved a healthy weight, by relying on healthful eating and physical activity most days of the week (about 60—90 minutes, moderate intensity), you are more likely to be successful at keeping the weight off over the long term. Any amount of weight loss is bound to give you a health benefit which controls blood pressure, cholesterol, increases energy levels, self-confidence and reduces chances of chronic diseases.
The below simple steps have worked for me. Hope it works for you as well!!
- 10-minute spurts of exercise per day are just as good as one 30-minute workout.
- Sit as less as you can– Physical mobility goes a long way in keeping you fit. Start with small workouts and brisk walks.
- If exercise sounds trying and boring to you, find the one exercise, you enjoy! Try walking with a friend, dancing, cycling, badminton, baseball whatever you like.
- Set goals to keep yourself motivated -When temptation strikes, focus on the benefits you’ll reap from being healthier.
- Track your progress – Smartphone apps, fitness trackers, watches are available in plenty to assist you track your health records. Watch the calories you burn. Seeing the results in black and white can help you stay motivated.
- Lack of sleep stimulates your appetite so you want more food than normal; at the same time, it stops you feeling satisfied, making you want to keep eating. A good quality 8 hour sleep is crucial to your weight gain & loss.
- Pay attention while you’re eating– Focus on the food you eat and avoid distractions like TV or other thoughts in your head. This can lead to mindless overeating. Stop the moment you are full.
- Eat smaller portions – Cook your own meal. Avoid junk food and carbonated drinks. Focus on eating smaller portions of food.
- Eat early –Eating a larger, healthy breakfast can jump start your metabolism, stop you feeling hungry during the day, and give you more time to burn off the calories.
- Stay hydrated – The best way to lose calories is by drinking water. Thirst can often be confused with hunger, so by drinking water you can avoid extra calories.
In order to continue dropping weight each week, you need to continue cutting calories.Many of us don’t always eat simply to satisfy hunger. We also turn to food for comfort or to relieve stress—which can derail any weight loss efforts before they begin. Avoid stress and you can conquer weight loss in no time!
Hope you liked this post on sustainable weight loss!
You may also like reading-
- What Chips To Eat And Avoid On a Weight Loss Diet?
- Weight Loss Story Of Anant Ambani
- Zareen Khan On Weight Loss And Stretch Marks
- 3 Metabolism Mistakes That Hinder Weight Loss