Tips To Keep Thyroid Healthy
There are a lot of organs in our body, which have different essential functions to keep our body healthy. One of the most important set of organs is the endocrine glands. Endocrine glands are organs of utmost importance to keep our body machine working. One of the most important endocrine glands is the thyroid gland.
What is the function of the thyroid gland?
The thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped organ situated in the base of neck. It secretes hormones that control digestion and metabolism i.e. the way in which our body uses energy. Some other fundamental elements of the thyroid incorporate managing crucial body capacities like breathing, heart rate, central and fringe sensory systems, bodyweight, muscle quality, menstrual cycles, body temperature, and cholesterol levels. The thyroid gland takes the iodine from the food you ingest to make two important hormones which do the functions as stated above:
The gland needs to control the level of these hormones because only the right amount of these hormones is good for your health. The hormones manage the speed the cells/digestion work. T3 and T4 controls our pulse and digestive organs process sustenance. So, if T3 and T4 levels are low, your pulse might be slower than ordinary, and you may have blockage/weight gain. T3 and T4 levels are high, you may have a fast pulse and loose bowels/weight loss. So, we all can agree that it is a vital organ!
How to keep thyroid healthy?
Here are the top tips to keep our thyroid healthy:
1) Use less electrical devices like cell phones. The use of cell phones alters the secretion of hormones.
2) Increase the consumption of Seaweed. It helps regulate the flow.
3) Reduce the use of plastic products in daily life. Bisphenol A is a chemical found in plastic products which affect the health of the gland.
4) Stop using soaps that contain a compound called Triclosan.
5) Avoid the consumption of green tea. Switch to black tea.
6) One should stress less. It triggers the gland which can be harmful.
7) Follow aerobics. It helps to improve the health of the gland.
8) Introduce yoga in your life. Helps a lot to improve the gland.
9) Keep other glands healthy. One gland may affect the functioning of other gland and hence they all go hand in hand.
10) Try to avoid products that contain fluoride or its compounds.
11) Go for gluten-free products.
12) Increase the consumption of Anti-oxidants.
13) Stop smoking as it affects your thyroid too.
14) Increase the consumption of Selenium in daily life through supplements advised by a doctor.
Home tests for Thyroid gland
Thyroid Neck Check
Probably the best thing you can do is to occasionally do a Thyroid Neck Check. This simple test can distinguish protuberances, knocks, and swelling on your thyroid if by chance they are on the surface.
All you require for this basic screening is a glass of water and a mirror. In the event that you feel or see anything strange subsequent to following the majority of the means, make certain to see your primary doctor. While there isn’t any particular step you can take to definitively prevent thyroid disease, these are the steps you must follow in order to keep your thyroid healthy.
You may also like reading –
- Cabbage for Weight Loss
- Why Are Omega 3 Fatty Acids Important
- Indian Vegetarian Low GI Recipe:Stuffed Gram Flour Chapaati
- South Beach Diet Plan:All Phases and Foods Explained
- Top 6 Types Of Crunches For Flat Tummy
- Top 10 Swimming Types And Their Fitness Benefits
- Weekend Fitness:How to workout on Sunday
- Why is Coconut Oil Good For you?
- Women’s Health-Why do you need Folic Acid
- Bikram Yoga Experience and Benefits