Do you think spices and herbs are only used to add flavor in your food? The answer is No. Spices and herbs also protect against some ailments, like diabetes, heart disease, cancer. It’s not all, Spices and herbs are also a good source of antioxidants and help in weight loss. Surprised? Always fruits, vegetables, berries etc are discussed as a good source of antioxidants, but few are aware of the fact spices and herbs have an abundance of antioxidants.
Top 10 Indian Spices For Weight Loss
- Cumin seeds: Cumin seeds are must for North Indian dishes. Cumin seeds aids weight loss when cooked with other spices and herbs. Cumin seeds have antibacterial properties which help in killing bacteria of the stomach. Cumin seeds also help in lowering sugar level, hence is a good spice for those are diabetic.
- Cloves: Cloves are bitter in taste. But they are full of antioxidants, even more than other spices and herbs. Weight loss through cloves happens by speeding up the metabolism and burn fat. Add cloves in your food and lose weight.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an essential for Indian Food, It is full of antioxidants. Turmeric is helpful for those suffering from breast cancer or any cancer. Turmeric reduces inflammation which is a cause for obesity. Turmeric has a strong taste and have to be used in cooked dishes. Add turmeric in your curries for beautiful color and taste.
- Fennel: Fennel seeds can be used as raw or dried seeds as cooked. Fennel plant leaves are good in taste and can be used for garnishing. Fennel seeds are sweet in taste and is a good mouth freshener. fennel seeds is loaded with vitamin C and improves immune system.
- Garlic: Garlic is used all over the world to flavor up the food, it can be used as freshly chopped or dried. It has strong taste and smells weird. Garlic is used for lowering cholesterol , improving cardiovascular system. Gulp fresh garlic with warm water or in form of garlic tea, it will burn fat.
- Mustard: Mustard seeds are mostly associated with south Indian Food, mustard oil is more beneficial than other cooking oils. mustard seeds has to be used in cooked dish, burns fat as it digests.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon reduces sugar level and manages insulin level and hunger. It is full of antioxidants and health benefits. Cinnamon is a good source of iron, calcium, manganese. Cinnamon can be added in curries, salads, roasted dishes and can be prepared as a tea.
- Coriander: Coriander is used as dried. The dried coriander powder is used in curries. Coriander fasten up the metabolism and burn calories helping in weight loss.
- Ginger: Ginger is loaded with many health benefits, it prevents from cold, prevents from growing cancer, helps in gastro problems. It also helps in cutting appetite. Use ginger in dishes, in garnishing and don’t forget those ginger tea in winters.
- Cardamom: Cardamom helps in lowering sugar level, regulates insulin, and lower down cholesterol. It helps in regulating acidity and helps in digesting food. Use cardamom in tea, curries, rice to get flavor and helps in burning calories.
So add these spices in your food to prepare a tasty dish and counter health ailments and most importantly to burn calories.
You may also like reading –
- Lose Weight With Negative Calorie Foods
- How To Avoid Weight Gain During Work
- Kito Diet/ Paleo Diet: Chicken Kheema recipe
- How To Walk For Weight Loss
- Best Ways To Control Food Cravings
- Mung Bean Pancakes | High Protein Recipe
- Glycemic Index And Weight Loss
- 6 Ways To Stay Motivated For Weight Loss
- How To Start Workout In Gym