Top 4 Shoulder Strengthening Exercises
The fact is that you want to look fab. What do you do for it? You eat healthy and hit the gym on a regular basis. Are you happy with the results? Is your body well toned and sculpted? Losing pounds alone is not enough, you want more, right? For losing weight, cardio is the answer but for toning yourself up and accelerating the process of shedding weight, you need to so strength training. Here are some great exercises that strengthen and tone your arm and shoulder muscles. These exercises will also help you in losing overall weight.
So, gear up for some shoulder strengthening exercises. You would require a pair of dumbbells for doing these exercises. You can read the review of Cofit dumbbells here.
1) Seated Dumbbell Press
Seated Dumbbell Press is a simple and effective move. Doing it regularly is bound to give you great results.
- Position the incline on a bench to an angle of 90 degrees.
- Pick a pair of dumbbells and hold them in both hands.
- Now lift the dumbbells to the level of your shoulders. Keep both your palms away from each other.
- Now push both dumbbells above the level of your head till you reach right at the top. Keep your elbows slightly bent.
- Come back to the starting position.
- Repeat this 15 times.
2) The Lateral Raises
This is another effective exercise with weights.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells and sit at the edge of a flat bench while keeping your feet firmly on the ground.
- Your palms should face in and your arms should be straight down at your sides at arms’ length. This is your starting position.
- While keeping the upper body stationary, lift the dumbbells to your side while bending your elbows slightly.
- Continue to go up till you arms are parallel to the floor. Breathe out as you carry out this movement and pause for a sec at the top.
- Lower the dumbbells down slowly to the position from where you started.
- Repeat this 10 to 15 times.
3) The Front Raises
This exercise is a great workout for your shoulders.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells and stand in a position with a straight upper body.
- Keep the dumbbells in front of your thighs at an arm’s length with the palms facing your thighs. This is the starting position.
- While keeping the upper body stationary, lift the left dumbbell up to the front. Keep the elbow slightly bent and the palms of the hands should always be facing down.
- Continue to lift your arm up until it is slightly more than parallel to the floor. Breathe out as you carry out this part of the exercise and pause for a sec at the top. Breathe in after the second pause.
- Now slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the position from where you started and at the same time lift the right dumbbell.
- Continue switching arms in this manner until you do 20 to 25 reps for each arm.
4) Bent Over Laterals
- Sit down straight at the edge of a bench.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells, one dumbbell in each hand.
- Keep your arms hanging down on the sides.
- Lean a little forward in such a manner that your chest comes near your thighs.
- Keep your elbows slightly bent.
- Lift the dumbbells sideways and swing them both beneath your knees keeping the elbows bent.
- Now, raise both the dumbbells sideways with your elbows pointing upwards.
- Return to the first position.
- Repeat around 10 – 15 times.
Did you find the Top 4 Shoulder Strengthening Exercises challenging?
You may also like reading-
- How to maintain your shape post weight loss
- 5 Weight Loss Herbs You Can Grow At Home
- Top 7 Diabetes Friendly Fruits
- Best Guilt Free Snacks Below 100 Calories
- 12 Low Carb Breakfast Recipes You Must Never Miss
- Yoga Poses For Digestion And Debloating
- How To Control Hunger Pangs And Lose Weight
- How Women Can Build Lean Muscle?
- Fitness Freaks-Worst Weight,Health And Fitness Fears
- How To Reverse Age Through Weight Loss?
- Triphala-Top Benefits And Uses
- Why Skipping Meals A Big No For Weight Loss?