Top 5 Ways To Tone Abs Without Crunches
Who doesn’t want toned abs. They make you look fit and healthy. But toning the abs can be a tedious task. Crunches are one way of toning your mid-section. Are you tired of doing crunches? Presenting a few fun-filled exercises that can replace your monotonous crunches and tone your abs really well.
Top 5 Ways To Tone Abs Without Crunches
For some of these exercises you will need an exercise ball.
- Lie down on your back holding an exercise ball above your chest, extend your feet up towards the ceiling.
- On exhaling, move your arms and legs away from one another, lowering both towards the ground. While inhaling, bring them back towards each other, and pass the ball from your hands to your legs.
- Next lower your arms and legs towards the floor away from one another.
- Bring them back together, passing the ball back to your hands.
- Repeat this 10 to 20 reps.
Though the name sounds funny, this exercise works both the front and back of the body.
- Lie down on your back. Keep your spine neutral. Your hips and knees should be at right angles with your palms pressed into your thighs just a bit above the knees.
- Pulling your abs to your spine keep your ribs and pelvis still as you lengthen your right arm and leg out until they are parallel to the floor. Keep your trunk and spine stable as the arm and leg move.
- Going back to the position from where you started, repeat the same on the left side to complete one round.
Standing Ab Rollout
- Placing your palms on the ball stand with your legs about 3 or so feet apart. Walk a step away from the ball so that the back is straight and the hips are in the same line as your ankles.
- Next lean your body forward and allow the ball to roll down your forearms. Stop when your elbows reach the ball and you’re balancing on the tips of your toes.
- Then use your core and legs to bring your body back to the position you began from. Keep your abs in action throughout this move.
- Complete 3 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
- Lie down on your back, pulling your knees into your chest. Reaching your legs up to the ceiling, tightly press them together and focus on connecting the inner thighs.
- Reach the legs over to the right and allow the hips to lift away from the floor.
- Reach the legs back to the center but keep them still engaged; ensure that the lower back remains on the floor.
- Now reach the legs over to the left, grounding the shoulders, allow the hips to move first, the rib cage next if possible. Pull the legs back towards the body. This counts as one round.
- Repeat this 10 times.
This classic Pilates move strengthens the obliques, core, and legs, while stretching your hips away from your ribs.
- Lie down flat on your back. Extend your arms such that they’re against the sides of your body with your palms pressing into the floor, or just bend the elbows and place the palms of your hand under the back of your head. Bending your knees, draw them into your ribs. Doing this will make pulling your navel in towards your spine easier and will actively press your lower back flat on the ground.
- Lift both the legs straight up towards the ceiling, continue engaging your abs and pressing your lower back to the ground. Keeping your center strong, slowly lower your right leg down towards the ground until it is a few inches above. Then slowly move your legs like a scissor. Do it in such a fashion that you lift your right leg back up as you lower your left leg down towards the ground.
- You may not feel your mid-section muscles working until you do it for a while, so repeat this move for a total of twenty to thirty times on each leg.
Hope you liked the exercises for toning your abs the fun way!
You may also like reading-
- Health & Weight Loss Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Top Foods Weight Watcher’s Fridge Must Have
- How Excessive Sugar Intake Causes Heart Diseases & Cancer
- Is Spicy Food Healthy or Harmful?
- Benefits Of Wheatgrass Juice In Weight Loss
- Have Belly Fat? Fix Your Fatty Liver
- Healthy Eating Rules To Follow At Every Meal
- The Skinny Jeans Workout
- 11 Reasons For Being Unable To Lose Belly Fat
- Importance Of Detoxification And How To Detoxify