Triphala-Top Benefits And Uses
Have you heard of Triphala? ‘Triphala’ is a sanskrit term that literally means three fruits. It is a power packed combination of 3 Ayurvedic fruits namely, Amla (Indian gooseberry), Haritaki, Bibhitaki. All the three fruits are dried and used as a powder. It is known to provide several health benefits.
Triphala-Top Benefits And Uses
The fruits Amla, Haritaki and Bibhitaki are used separately to address health and beauty issues but when they are combined together, they form a powerful medicine that provides a range of benefits from aiding digestion to delaying ageing.
The famous ‘amla’ or the Indian gooseberry has a lot of health benefits to offer. It is high in vitamin C, antioxidants and so it boosts immunity. It is good for skin and hair health. It makes the liver strong and is good for digestion. It is good for the urinary system.
Haritaki or harad also has a lot of health benefits like providing relief from gastrointestinal ailments. It is has an anti-inflammatory nature. It treats anemia, boosts energy and promotes longevity
Bibhitaki or baheda is useful in treating cough, sore throat and asthma. It treats gastrointestinal disorders. It also lowers BP and cholesterol.
Together the above three fruits form Triphala.
Apart from its healing properties, Triphala is packed with a lot of nutritional value that includes vitamins. It is frequently consumed as a food supplement.
Benefits of Triphala
- Triphala protects the organs of the body such as the eyes, skin, and the heart.
- It is known to cleanse the body so that the energy present in the body is properly channeled to all the organs.
- It can help in cleansing the colon and flushing out the toxins from the body. It is a laxative and is prescribed by doctors to those who suffer from constipation.
- It stimulates the intestinal lining and the gastric tract that enhances the process of digestion.
- Helps those suffering from acidity. When take on a regular basis it dissolves the acids in the stomach and provides relief.
- It keeps the liver and pancreas functioning properly. Triphala also enhances the functioning of bile ducts. It is great for helping the liver perform its physiological functions. Patients suffering with hepatitis are also prescribed Triphala.
- It can reduce the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Triphala also stops the growth of cancerous cells in the body.
- Triphala is anti-inflammatory in nature and that is why it is used to treat joint and gout issues. Gout occurs when the joints release an excessive amount of acid from the joints. Triphala helps in flushing out the acid from the body through urination.
- Helps in making all the body’s systems work efficiently and that includes the digestive system, immune system, muscles, urinary tract, and lungs.
- The cooling and toning properties of Triphala help people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. It helps the nerves by repairing them and bringing them back to their normal state.
- It also purifies the blood.
- Triphala strengthens hair roots and enriches the colour of the hair.
- It is rich in antioxidants and this makes it a good free radical fighter. Triphala protects the cells from free radical damage.
How to use Triphala
To enjoy its benefits to the fullest, you should have it twice a day. Buy Triphala in powder form as it provides maximum benefits and has a better effect on the body. But if you find consuming the powder of Triphala inconvenient, then you can have it in the form of a tablet that is widely available in Ayurvedic stores. Each tablet contains one tbsp of Triphala powder.
If you happen to use the powder, use it as follows:
To 250 ml of water or juice add 1 tbsp of Triphala. It should be taken an hour before going to bed.
If you are pregnant , you should not take Triphala. If you are a diabetic or have any other health issue, it would be better to take Triphala only after consulting the doctor. Make sure you don’t have it in excess.
How did you find this post on Triphala- Its benefits And Uses?
You may also like reading-
- Weight Loss Myths And Ways To Master Them
- Low Carb Baking With Coconut And Flax Seed Recipes
- How To Make Your Workout Fail-Proof?
- Childhood Obesity In India-Shocking Truth
- Cofit W 3203 Neoprene Fixed Weight Dumbbell Review-Dumbbell For Women
- Emotional Healing Through My First 3k Run
- Weight Loss Success Stories Before And After Photos
- How To Lose Weight In One Week?
- Best Indian Weight Loss Program-Join Us
- Butter Brain And Krishna Connect
- Ways to relieve constipation