Use Hand Diet For Portion Control
Recent research has found that portion sizes have doubled in the last 20 years. We think it is great that at low cost we are getting more but actually it is a vicious circle we are getting entangled in. Bigger portions are nothing to feel great about but like quicksilver which engulfs us without any chance for survival. Its a cycle of food- over eating- ill health – medicines and then we finally start thinking about portion control. If we have to control our portions eventually then why not do that at the onset. 🙂
It is incredibly easy to underestimate the quantity of food we are actually eating. To eliminate this, using a scale, measuring cups or a visual reference can be a great way to keep your portions under control. While not all foods perfectly match visual cues, there is another method that can help you better judge serving sizes and practice portion control, which may help with weight loss. That interesting method is the “HAND DIET”. Measure food portions using just your fingers, thumbs and palm.
Use Hand Diet For Portion Control
- Biggest portion should be of vegetables.
- Carbs such as rice should be no bigger than a clenched fist.
- A portion of meat should be no bigger than the palm of your hand.
- Fruits should be equal to a fist.
- A serving of butter is the size of a thumb, cheese less than two fingers.
However, keep in mind that these are basic guidelines. Since adequate portions vary from person to person, you may have to eat more if you’re a big person or if you find that you’re still extremely hungry after eating the recommended amounts of food. Another shift can be due to your individual diet protocol, like if you are on a low carbohydrate diet then you need to shrink your carb fist and increase meat portion. 🙂
Here is a very interesting graphic that explains portions very easily and clearly. Just go through it and try to decode the details.
The palm of your hand can be used as a visual aid to determine an adequate portion of meat. The thickness of your palm must also be considered. As mentioned, correct portion sizes vary from person to person depending on such factors as level of activity, height, age, and body build. However, since a man’s hands are generally proportional to his size, the average man can use his palm as a point of reference. It’s logical women have small hands so small portions for them and bigger portions for men as they have bigger hands.
This interesting self explanatory picture explains quantity and measurements in context with hands.
So what do you say? Isn’t it easy to control your portions and enjoy your weight loss journey with assistance from your hands?
If you want to experience some weight loss, you better learn portion control…with your hands.
Use Hand Diet For Portion Control to rethink your food servings and portions?
You may like to read these too:
- Fat Burners And Weight Loss Products India
- Why Eating With Hands Is Healthier
- Top 10 Ways To Identify A Fad Diet
- Best Way Not To Cheat At Work-Carry Bullet Proof Coffee
- Health Benefits Of Rock Salt And Black Salt
- Why Women Find Losing Weight Tougher Than Men
- 5 Indian Vegetarian Diets For Fast Weight Loss
- All About Biotin-Health Benefits and Weight Loss
- How Priyanka Chopra Lost 7 Kilos In Just 20 Days
- Magnificent Magnesium For Good Health
- Best Foods To Beat The Heat
- Top 5 Green Smoothies And Shakes For Weight Loss